Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a front tyre please
  • rockitman

Front wheel washed out 3 times today. No grip at all, just slid away from me every time. Running an Ignitor on the front and a Minion Downhill Front on the Rear.

Ignitor has been good all summer but it was wet and slippy today on the rocks and I guess we've got a lot more of that to come.

High Roller 2.35 UST?
    Minion DH Front?
    Kenda Blue Groove?

Looking for a good all rounder really with plenty of grip. Riding in the Peaks, trail centres etc

steve_b77
    Free Member

Swap them over and save some pennies

rockitman

I would, but the Ignitor is only single ply. I'm a big guy and I ride quite hard. Have to have dual ply on the back.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I was in the Peaks today,still got my summer tyres on, Dread Treads. Superb on rocks and roots. Shite,as you'd expect,in the mud. Any tyres will "do" at trail centres.

househusband

Conti Rubber Queen 2.2, or 2.4 – if you run UST get the 2.4 as it has the Black Chilli!

rockitman

Is the rubber queen good in the wet / mud?

Mate has just put a 2.4 on – not much mud clearance on the forks.

Read an article the other week about big guys and 26/29 wheels. Sure it said I should try big tyres on my 26 wheels

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote for the kinkily named Rubber Queen here. Very impressed with mine! I'm not the smallest chap out there, and run a 2.4" on the front. Great grip, really good at clearing mud and seems to be wearing very well. Impressed.

Worst name for a tyre ever, mind you!

liquid1000
    Free Member

Put a sticky high roller on mine its awsome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a front tyre please’ is closed to new replies.