Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • recommend me a fridge
  • StuF

ok so the door of our under the counter fridge has just broken (well the tray holding the glass milk bottles – no use crying etc etc)

and the missus has decided that its time for a new one.

So I’m looking for something that has a large capacity (the kids eat a lot) – any uninformed or otherwise opinons welcome.
    Thanks

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Henry.

THREAD CLOSED.

StuF

ok so its not the most exciting of topics – I just thought I’d ask

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the old one, apart from the tray thingy? Does it still work? If so, why not just bodge it?

Fridges are nasty things to dispose of. And there are mountains of them, at landfill sites. To chuck a perfectly working fridge away, just because of a bit of damage to the tray, adds one more fridge to an ever-growing pile of trash, that we can’t seem to deal with adequately.

Sorry, I know this probbly is not helpful, but people throw away so much stuff, that actually works. It’s so wasteful.

If you are getting a new one, at least Freecycle or Gumtree yer old one. Plenty of needy people about, or someone could have it in their work, or something. Give it a new lease of life.

StuF

I do agree with you that to just throw it away would be wasteful and that you have a point about freecycle – if we get a new one I’ll stick it on there.

It does still work although its about 8-9 years old but now there are no door trays the others have broken off already.

I agree that botching something could be an option but it would also be waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a fridge’ is closed to new replies.