Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a Fountain Pen
  • tyger
    Free Member

What size and for around £100

Many thanks 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

I like Shaeffer Targa’s no longer made but regularly NOS on ebay.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, Schaeffer are good…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cross Townsend. Understated, lovely. However, make sure they work for the way you write.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Cross are very nice to use, as are old Parkers.

I’ve just started a small collection of old fountain pens………….

Ian

crikey
    Free Member

Lamy.
    I use the £15 ones for work, lovely pens.

JAG

I’ve had a Parker Sonnet for 15 years and it’s been great. Mines the Matt Black with Gold clip and ferrels.

I use the piston-fill converter and bottled ink. It can be a phaff but I don’t like throwing away the empty ink cartridges.

Only issue; no one understands when you won’t let them use it 🙁

JonW
    Free Member

Parker 51 and keep some cash or look here Fountain pen network

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cross are very nice to use, as are old Parkers.

I’ve just started a small collection of old fountain pens…………

Welcome to a scarily addictive world! I have my Cross (Every day pen) and then a collection of lovelies. Including a 51, Pelikans and some lovely old lacquered Conway Stewarts.

For real world use, though, make sure you try them out. If you want a status symbol, buy a Mont Blanc and wave it around in meetings. Everyone will think you’re a male chicken, but you might feel teh awsumz.

aP
    Free Member

I use both Tombow and Rotring fountain pens. And yes, it can get difficult when people think that they can try and write with them.

cranberry
    Free Member

Have a look at cultpens.co.uk – they have an extensive selection, and they’ve always been quick when I’ve ordered from them.

I use a Lamy Accent day-to-day, nice, and a good weight to it, and half of your budget.

Edit: there are also some very nice notebooks on that page, which might be a nice gift/useful – http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/Leuchtturm1917-Notebooks.html

russianbob
    Free Member

Don’t spend £100 on a fountain pen. Save up longer and get something decent.

colournoise

+1 for checking out Cultpens.

Recently got one of the new TWSBI pens and am loving it. Also a fan of Lamy, Pilot and Rotring fountain pens.

CountZero

Rotring…
    There’s a name that takes me back… (Gazes wistfully off into the distance…)
    I still have a bunch of old Rotring technical pens, and still use my Rotring three-way technical pencil, the .3, .5 and .7 leads are very handy.

CHB

Lamy are my fave pens.
    I have a Lamy 2000 which can be picked up for a little over £100.
    However, for pure writing and use you can’t beat the Lamy Studio in stainless steel.
    £35 a pen and write brilliantly with a good weight.
    I used extra fine nibs in my lamy pens.
    The studios are good pens too, but I find them too light to use.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I have used two of these, one after the other. Lasted a couple of years each.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bic-Xpen-Chrome-Fountain-Pen/dp/B002GJJ22U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368398995&sr=8-6&keywords=bic+fountain+pen

Lovely, but light. Can’t argue with the price though 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Fountain Pen’ is closed to new replies.