Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a fork lube
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Which fork lube/spray do people use? Got a new bike coming and I want to make sure the shocks are well looked after. Need somewhere online to order preferably. Cheers.

jeffl

Never seen the point of fork lube. At best surely it just gets wiped away by the seals. At worst doesn’t it just attract dust? I’ve never used it on my forks,has anyone actually seen an improvement after using it?

So I’d say no lube is the best. Sorry not much help 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

I use brunox fork lube which is actually recommended by rock shox. It clumps all the dirt together so it’s much easier to wipe it off the stanchion with a cloth. Makes the forks plusher too 🙂

BearBack
    Free Member

Clean seals and a waft of silicon based spray is all you need.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m using Jucy Lubes Fork Juice but mostly as it smells so good.

bol

I’ve always used wet lube to draw the crap out of the seals. Maybe I shouldn’t have?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Finish line stanchion lube. Need to order from Germany or USA though as they don’t bring it into the UK. Works well on brake seals as well.

coatesy
    Free Member

If you want a demonstration of the benefits of Fork Juice, just spray one leg, then leave the mud to dry after a ride, and see which leg is easier to wipe clean. The mud will wipe off the lubed leg easily, whilst stubbornly remaining on the other, then imagine the wiper seals performing a similar task throughout every ride.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Fork juice is the one for me.
    Definitely seems to do what it says on the tin.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A few drops of chain lube for me. The improvements in fork plushness are marked for any of these lubes, but only for a short period of time. Since it basically has to be done before every ride, I’d rather not spunk the cash on something proprietary and expensive.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another vote for Juice Lubes fork lube here.

grum
    Free Member

Where’s best to buy Fork Juice inc postage?

jeffl

Hmm may have to have a play and see if I notice any benefits.

rondo101
    Free Member

Plumber’s silicone spray from screwfix. Doesn’t smell as nice as fork juice but is half the price.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a fork lube’ is closed to new replies.