Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a floor pump
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Max £40 ish as mine just nuked and blew up in my face trying to pump up a tubeless tyre. Thanks .

nickjb
    Free Member

Joe Blow Sport was always the go to pump. Not sure if anything better has come out as mine is still going strong.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I want a new track pump as well. Sadly, the 20+ year old Blackburn one I have is still going strong, so I can’t really justify it.

However, I can use my own experience to recommend Blackburn.

paulnorman
    Free Member

My joe blow is the best pump I have used for sure

Northwind

I have a pair of Air Towers, they’re pretty cheaply made and unimpressive but they’re very good at inflating tyres. My old Joe Blow was nicely made and nice feeling and nothing like as good at inflating tyres.

Topeak and Lezyne seem to have everything nailed apart from the actual thing the pump is for.

momo

Joe blow sport

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I can’t break my bontrager one, and it’s been kicked and rattled around the van floor for a few years now

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

We’ve destroyed everything we’ve had except an SKS i bought when i was 13 or 14 and the rennkompressor i bought when it finally packed in, nearly 30 years later.

warpcow
    Free Member

Rennkompressors last forever but they push a ridiculously feeble amount of air for mounting tubeless tyres. I’d also say Blackburn are cheap, cheerful, and work. I like my Lezyne Dirt Drive too (looks beautiful, pushes massive amounts of air, but reliability remains to be seen). It cost about £40 in alltricks sale.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks guys it looks like the joe blow gets good reviews eveywhere but I also like the lezeyne ones so I will see which one I can get cheaper in any sales about.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you’re running tubeless then save (a lot) more pennies and get a Bontrager Flash Charger. One of the very best prices of cycling kit ever made IME. Tubeless tyres popped on first time every time.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I know I would like one but at that price I’m seriously considering making a ghetto one and seeing how I get on with it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a floor pump’ is closed to new replies.