• This topic has 48 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Recommend me a first car
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

For simple, reliable, cheap, load lugging capacity but without jumping into the realms of buying a huge barge for your first car, a Fabia estate would be good. If I was sensibly looking for a first car it’d be something like that.

If I wasn’t being sensible, I’d be looking at SotW on Pistonheads each Friday morning and buying something like a BMW 740.

spawnofyorkshire

Thinking the Jazz is the best shout now. £900 insurance quote!, everything else is £1200 plus (including fabias)

Should mean i can spend that little bit more on the car

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If you’re in the Fabia/Jazz/Polo market try the Seat Ibiza too. We have the FR TDi, a lot cheaper to insure (for us) that the equiv VW/Skoda versions

br
    Free Member

If you’re in the Fabia/Jazz/Polo market

You’re probably qualified for a free bus pass 🙂

joolsburger
    Free Member

You cant go wrong with one of these ultra reliable, 1.6 OK on fuel, lots of space. That one is 1200 quid. Insurance will be OK – Probably.

bensales
    Free Member

Don’t overlook luxo-barges as well.

For the insurance price of the 1.6 Focus you mentioned earlier, you could insure a 2003 BMW 730d Sport. 1200 quid fully comp. Ok they’ll cost a fortune to run…

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Jazz would be a good choice. Cheap to run and the seats fold down to give you a big boot.

chewkw
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member

You cant go wrong with one of these ultra reliable, 1.6 OK on fuel, lots of space. That one is 1200 quid. Insurance will be OK – Probably.

^^^ This one looks good too.

hora
    Free Member

Black or dark grey works best on the Jazz. Second or third car can be something lairy/etc after you’ve done with bumping walls/kerbs and building NCD abit

Is a Panda as good on insurance?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a first car’ is closed to new replies.