Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a fast on-off road tyre
  • forexpipz
    Free Member

High volume fast roller would be nice. I do xc but seem to be hitting roads alot too.

neninja
    Free Member

If it’s not muddy on the off road bits then Small Block 8’s are good. Roll really well on road and grip superbly on hard pack, dry mud, cinder tracks etc but are lethal on the front if it’s muddy.

falkirk-mark

Rocket ron

forexpipz
    Free Member

falkirk-mark – Member
    Rocket ron

[quote]

You wont believe me bud but my name is Mark Kirk.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Try Syncros Point’n’Chute (still available new on German ebay apparently). Enduro (reminiscent of old spesh gc) tread pattern with harder rubber centre blocks. 2, 2.3 and 2.5 widths available. I’ve used them on all my 26 inch bikes over the years and pumped up hard they roll fast, don’t wear out fast and the largest one floats great over loose stuff. I just wish I could find similar in 29er size!

njee20
    Free Member

You’ll shred Rocket Rons on the road. Ralphs will be marginally better.

rewski
    Free Member

Block 8 rear, slant 6 front, just inflate to max on road.

cp

Surely something like a crossmark will be better than rocket rons or racing ralphs? They have more of a central ridge/closer pattern of knobbles so much less buzzy and the close block spacing will mean less wear. Racing Ralphs will wear in no time on the road.

forexpipz
    Free Member

Its a hardcore hardtail single speed so I’m thinking x-kings 2.4. Cushy on the trail due to the high volume and fast enough for the road at higher pascals. Would this be a good combo. Running stans flow rims too if that helps.

LapSteel
    Free Member

You wont believe me bud but my name is Mark Kirk.

Do you work somewhere where you can get promoted to Captain?

forexpipz
    Free Member

Lapmyshaftsteelyboy.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a fast on-off road tyre’ is closed to new replies.