• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a electric shaver please!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Got an old 3 head phillishave which has been ok but never great

Not sure what type to try next , i’m not very hairy but can be quite bristly! 🙂

Any recommendations appreciated! Ta

Moses

I got a newer Phlishave last year, 3 headed, near the bottom of the range. It does the job better than the old, a charge lasts 3 weeks, so go for that.
    I prefer electric to blades because although the immediate finish isn’t so good, the 1-day bristles aren’t sharp and don’t irritate Mrs M so much

woody2000

Electric shaver!? Burn the heretic!!

This is STW you know – you need a Merkur Wankenshaft DE Facial Balder with blades cast in the fires of hell and sharpened on a virgin’s backside 🙂

xcgb
    Free Member

Ha ha yes i did wonder whether i wasn’t being niche enough!

ourmaninthenorth

Only ever used Philips, from expensive-ish to cheap (I find it makes no difference to my shave, given that I’m not especially hairy on the face).

I tend to find that not missing any days helps keep a closer shave (so no slacking at the weekends), as does keeping the head clean.

I’ve also found that once the heads go blunt, they’re not nearly so good. You might find that does the trick. Which reminds me, I must replace mine (it’s expensive – might as well buy a new shaver).

geoffj

Remington XR1350 Hyper Flex Plus Rechargeable Wet and Dry Shaver by Remington http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DDNBMIK/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_zzlHtb1EJK2EA

Bought myself one of these at Christmas after 25 years of wet shaving – it’s bloody brilliant!

leffeboy

Awesome. I didn’t have the nerve to start an electric razor thread here and i hate all Philips products so good recommendation

Dibbs
    Free Member

I swapped to an electric shaver last year on advice from my cancer treatment team (lots of radiotherapy to my neck made me prone to infection from any cuts from wet shaving). I was pleasantly surprised by the results from my Philips SensoTouch 3D RQ1250. I can even use it in the shower if I want, can’t say that I do.

xcgb
    Free Member

See there are some “normal” folk on here……
    Cheers chaps

DezB
    Free Member

This is STW you know – you need a Merkur Wankenshaft DE Facial Balder with blades cast in the fires of hell and sharpened on a virgin’s backside

Tis the sign of a real man 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a electric shaver please!’ is closed to new replies.