Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a electric shaver
  • Earl
    Free Member

Just for a daily shave around the jaw – nothing fancy.

Rechargeable please.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Good luck with that on here 🙂

chrisdw
    Free Member

I’ve always found foils to be much better than rotarys. Ive got a Remington that is great.
    Looks much like this but it has 3 foils and an LCD screen on the front for remaining battery.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

Always been happy with my Phillips.
    Just replaced the cutters after 10yrs faithful service, it’s like new.

APF

Earl
    Free Member

ha! I know. Beard or Blades only on here it seams.

mechanicaldope

Every electric shaver, cheap or expensive, has been crap. Always parts of my face it doesn’t seem to shave properly.

bobster
    Free Member

I’ve used Philishave (Now Philips) for years and would of recommended them, but recently they’ve gone downhill.

The battery life on my RQ12xx series degraded, and needed sending, twice under warranty, and is now doing the same again outside of warranty. Also the heads seemed to blunt earlier, and when I replaced with the new style, my old shaver that I kept for emergency/back up, with worn heads, shaved better! So I used that til it died completely.

Have to say that I have enjoyed the convenience of electric for years. Tend to not shave at weekends, and now shave wet on a Monday morning, for whatever reason not the hassle I remember it being. Am toying with reverting to wet shaving after all these years.

Either that or trying a Braun…

ourmaninthenorth

Philips for me – I never spend a fortune. I can get a close enough shave (not very hirsute).

br
    Free Member

I use one of the battery driven Gillette wet shavers, great shave and the blades last months (shave every day near enough).

Dibbs
    Free Member

I bought a Philips wet and dry thing a few years ago, I was having cancer treatment at the time and was advised against wet shaving due to the risk of cuts and infection.
    I’ve been very pleased with it and wouldn’t go back now.

tomfun

You will have to see what kind of electric suits you best by trial and error but if go Philips rotary if you have sensitive skin. I had a Braun foil and it gave a really good shave but ripped my face to pieces. I moved to a Philips rotary and I use it daily and it is so gentle on the skin compared to the foil. With both electrics i have tried there is the odd patch on my face I can never get 100% smooth but I’m happy with it and it’s never visible. I paid about £60 reduced from £100+ for both of mine in the usual Argos permanent sale.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a electric shaver’ is closed to new replies.