Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • recommend me a decent paper shredder….please.
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

ours is gash at best, cant handle more than 3 sheets of paper until it lightly scores rather than shreds, so can anyone recommend me a decent one?

sandwicheater

Not the Fellows P-35C. Is the loudest thing* I have ever encountered. Will do 5-6 pages of 80g paper at a struggle.

*I may have heard something louder but I can’t re-call. Maybe some biscuits will help me remember, I don’t know. Got any biscuits?

IA

Got one of these, does the job it claims to do:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aurora-AS610C-Sheet-Cross-Cut-Shredder/dp/B001W3MN9A

Depends how industrial your shredding needs are though…

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers IA that looks perfect.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Fellowes shredders seem fine,got mine through work (freebie from Viking when you ordered their own-brand copy paper). I wouldn’t say it was especially noisy IMO.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In true STW style.

Wood burning stove!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Forty quid job from Tesco’s does ok, cross-cut and that. It’s noisy.

sandwicheater

For those who do shred, what do you do with your paper post shred?

May I suggest a paper brick maker if you have a wood burning stove?

http://www.greenfingers.com/product.asp?dept_id=200556&pf_id=LS9254D&co=fr&gclid=CKvpgYuQ-b4CFasBwwodejcAOA

One bin bag of shredding makes about 8 bricks. Burn a good hour+. Very impressed.

onandon
    Free Member

Fellows p58cs has been great for the past year I’ve owned it. It also does credit cards and cd/ DVDs , staples and paper clips.
    Ideal of the junk mail as you don’t even have to open it :). I think I paid £49 for mine while on sale at Robert dyas.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I got the one IA suggested, very impressed and pretty quiet.

oh and I use my paper for the rats (pets) and I make bricks for the burner which are good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a decent paper shredder….please.’ is closed to new replies.