Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Recommend me a December UK / Worldwide holiday? (Single bloke content).
  • giantonagiant

As the title says.

Any ideas for an ‘activity’ type holiday for early December. Biking, trekking, climbing, skiing, etc? Can do up to 2 weeks.

Its the usual ‘single bloke with mates who have proper jobs and or families and can’t spare the time’ sketch.

Thanks.

(I’m working over Christmas!).

nicko74

Mexico and Belize. Fly into Cancun, travel overland to the cayes in Belize, stopping in Tulum for diving. Then dive in Belize. Take a lot of books, be prepared to have beers with people you don’t know, and chill out 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have two weeks of curled up in my bed crying, in mid Novemeber booked

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    takisawa2

Oz.

psling
    Free Member

What sort of budget?

compositepro
    Free Member

thailand for the scenery…honest

jekkyl

you lucky devil. Go and take all our dreams with you, pictures on your return plz.

plumber
    Free Member

snowboarding, whitefish Montana – well that’s what I’m doing

wrecker
    Free Member

18-30s?
    Hedonism?
    Latvia?

trevron73
    Free Member

X Biking Chang Mai Thailand im going for 3 months on December 4th.But i have to take my wife? shame that?

riderideride
    Free Member

Thailand,Phuket for diving an the night life an great cheap food

giantonagiant

Thanks for suggestions…

Don’t fancy Thailand, as I’d rather be doing something active (insert obvious joke).

I should have been more specific and asked if anyone could recommend a particular company to go with or been to anywhere at that time of year that they’d recommend.

Budget for 2 weeks…..about £2000 all in. It’ll be the only ‘big’ holiday I’ll have for a while, so I can go bonkers! (I hope).

Plumber – Montana is amazing, I bet you’ll have a great time there.

Anyone else?

hora
    Free Member

If I was single I’d go on a Morocco, Moab, South Spain still possible? mountain bike holiday.

Anyone single who holidays in Thailand needs their head seeing to.

jekkyl

whistler *obv*

plumber
    Free Member

whistler Squamish *obv*

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP early December is too early for skiing really and too late for hiking in Europe really.

I would suggest Asia with diving and hiking/exploring. Get a try-a-dive booked in the UK to see if you like it, if you’re motivated enough you could do the pool based PADI here too. Then look at suitable dive destinations in Thailand, Phillipines, Malaysia, Vietnam, there are many companies recommended by PADI. On top of this you can add in some touring around rainforest parks etc including in Malaysia and Borneo. I used to live in Singapore so could share some ideas. There was a thread on Vietnam recently search that out, its a fabulous place.

As much as I love our country I’m not sure I’d spend 2 weeks vacation here in December.

core

New Hapmpshire, USA, will be pretty snowy by then at a guess, but loads to do and see!

wl
    Free Member

Tanzania/Zanzibar/Pemba – nice mix of hiking, diving, culture and wow factor.

JCL
    Free Member

Blackpool.

konagirl
    Free Member

With 2 weeks and 2k in December, I would go long-haul. I had a colleague who flew into Cape Town, hired a car hire and hiked and climbed up through the Western Cape and into Namibia. Not sure about guided trips, but she absolutely loved it. Very remote though, so depends what you are after.

Similarly you could fly into Jo’burg or Durban for less than £700 and climb and hike the Drakensburg, where there are loads of operators who will guide you. You could prbably find a group more easily in that area. And you can hire MTB and raft down some of the bigger rivers in the same area. And then spend 2-3 days in the Kruger.

giantonagiant

Thanks for all the suggestions…problem is that they’re all things that I’ve either done or already considered and dismissed!!

I can see it being a wet week in the lakes at this point!

Thanks again.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve just had three weeks in Oz for about that price, you should have no trouble getting a fortnight for that.
    Flight with bike can be had for £900ish, mine was a bit more as I took two bikes. Camper van hire can be had for £300ish for a fortnight. Leaves £700-800 for food, petrol, travel insurance, etc.
    Great riding, friendly locals. The food is familar, I can speak the language and they drive on the correct side of the road. PITA to get to but worth the effort.

Caher

South America?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oz or NZ, For NZ Rotorua, Queenstown, Wellington you should be able to get a bike out with you.
    After that Oz, surf, sun, bike, climb

shermer75
    Free Member

Cape Town. Same time zone, nice and warm, shed loads of cycling (road and mountain biking)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a December UK / Worldwide holiday? (Single bloke content).’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts