Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a DAB radio for the home
  • Pigface
    Free Member

My old Sony DAB radio died yesterday, so need a new one, Roberts to expensive and not sure about Pure so any hot tips?

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive bought a couple based on the Aves hardware from morgancopmuters. One’s in the shed, one at the M-in-laws.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/15687/Aves-E2-Portable-DAB-FM-Digital-Radio/

theyre fine, good reception, firmware seems OK. And at £20 a bargin.

They’re not very big though. I have my old Sony in the kitchen (christ, must be nearly 12 yrs old now!) and it’s about half the size.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I have a Pure at home which has been faultless for 2 years, at work I have something I got from Asda for £25 which is also fine.

craigxxl
    Free Member

if it’s just for picking up digital stations and you don’t need all the extras that Roberts and Pure then look at those DAB radios from ASDA that were on here before. I got one for work and for the price, around £20, I can’t complain and it picked up more stations than the previous Sony XDR did.

DaveRambo

We got a cheaper Pure one.

Quite basic with non of the newer fancy features and it’s perfectly fine. Well made and just a radio.

Bimbler
    Free Member

My daughter got a ViewQuest Retro mini for her birthday, not a fan of the styling but can’t knock it for features or sound – quite jealous.

Cougar

Quite fancy a DAB receiver myself but, what’s the thinking behind most of these things having one poxy speaker? Is it the 70s?

I’m clearly missing something, but I just don’t get it.

Bimbler
    Free Member

but I just don’t get it.

The thinking may be that one small speaker is better than two tiny ones and that you don’t really get much stereo separation with speakers 5cm apart.

brassneck

John Lewis do a reasonable one that’ll also double up as a bluetooth speaker, think that has two speakers for £50 ish. Have one in my kitchen as the radio stream to Sonos is a bit flakey.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is it the 70s?

If only it was………I had one of these in my bedroom until 1988. Happy days.

mtbfix

I gave the basic John Lewis one too. Works fine but for the iPod connector which is for the 5S and later models so our old iPhone and iPod have to connect via an audio cable.

the-muffin-man

If only it was………I had one of these in my bedroom until 1988. Happy days.

In your bedroom!

You must have been dead posh! 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a DAB radio for the home’ is closed to new replies.