Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • recommend me a curry house in Leicester
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Will be visiting son and Leicester this weekend and would like to eat out, can anyone recommend a curry house based on personal experience (rather than TripAdvisor)

Thanks

DHs

RobHilton
    Free Member

Kayal for all round S. Indian nomness, Bobby’s for top-notch bhel and masala dosai, Indigos for awesome crispy stir-fried aubergine.

Probly the best “curry house” is Paddys Marten Inn

I miss living in Leicester :/ Only for the restaurants, though…

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Sands in Glenfield is really really good! Or if you fancy something a bit different Shivali on welford road serves superb vegetarian curry.
    To be honest though, sport and curry are the things Leicester does best, you won’t go far wrong.

sheeps

Shimla Pinks on the London Road. Seriously the best curry I’ve had in ages and we live in Bradford!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Get out of town a bit, head up the golden mile (Belgrave road) and you can take your pick.

fathomer

You might struggle with Shimla Pinks, they have an issue with rodents!

And like Pik n Mix says, get out of the city a bit. My local is the Spice of India in Syston and it’s very nice. No idea if it’s the best though.

rascal
    Free Member

I’ll second Martin’s Inn.
    A bit out if the city centre but not far.
    The building is so unassuming from the outside. There’s Bollywood on the tv constantly. The service isn’t great. You’ll smell of food when you leave. But my god, they’re Hot Lamb Tawa is bloody amazing! The food is king above everything else!
    Don’t go to the Curry Pot on London Road – the two crappest curries I’ve ever had!

mildbore

Gotta be Bobby, food of the gods and dead cheap

matt10214
    Free Member

Another vote for Kayal.

I went to Oottupura on Burleys Way last November and it was very nice, cheap and cheerful!

fin25
    Free Member

As above, Paddy’s Marten Inn or Kayal.

If it’s 4am and you’re hammered, Nila Palace opposite the railway station is marvelous.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a curry house in Leicester’ is closed to new replies.