Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a courier/messenger/laptop bag
  • shaley
    Free Member

As above. I am looking for a bag that I can cycle with as well as hold some clothes, notepad etc.

Anyone have a timbuk2 or chrome bag? Who sells them in the UK?

Thanks

mrmo
    Free Member

i have a timbuk2, i think it is 10 years old but not very sure.

I got it as a custom shipped from the US.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I have a timbuk2 Messenger Large size which I actually bought in the USA. It’s good in terms of size and very hard wearing*. Plus has never leaked in the rain. Down side is that you have to pack it right, i.e. put soft things against your back with hard/sharp things at other side as it has no padding on the back of it which some messenger bags do.

Timbuk2 website shows UK stores in the ‘find a store’ section.

*It once broke my fall in a crash and the only damage was a tiny hole in the fabric.

trail_rat
    Free Member

only annoyin part about timbuk 2 for me is in the uk the large is only availible in black ….

much prefer the timbuk2 to the chromes though.

kilo

I’ve got one of the chrome citizen bags, very pleased with it. Believe the mrs got it from wiggle (it was a prezzie)

lex
    Free Member

I have a chrome messenger. Use it my bike and motorbike.

I’ve put a couple of jiffy bags between the liner and the outer as padding against my back. Works well and built like it wants to last.

Lex

nano
    Free Member

I use Ogio backpacks

Loads of room for all of the Nano gubbins.. Currently using a Bandit which is 28 litres. Got room for work laptop, shoes / trainers, raincoat, iPad, cables etc for all of my work stuff

Website is worth a look 🙂

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I have a timbuk2, but I’d rather have a Black Rainbow Project

shaley
    Free Member

Any idea when the black Rainbow Project will be released?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

He’s still working through a backlog, drop him an email. Won’t be any time soon, but Scott makes the best bags.

shaley
    Free Member

Do you know how much they cost?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

£350+..

DrP

I’ve a custom timbuk2 in medium.
    Pricy at £140 ish inc shipping and taxes, but I find it’s amazing in its carrying use!

Custom with carry handle, compression tabs, and laptop/iPad inner bit, so offers some rear padding…

DrP

JasonDS

Got one of these, http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/product/commute_1/momentum_34 And a Timbuk2. Both ace.

bigblackshed

I’ve got a Chrome Metropolis. Freaking black hole. Eats everything you can throw at it. Waterproof, comfy. The only downside is they are quite heavy empty and there is always some joker who will press the seat belt button and release the strap. Not funny when your laptop bounces on the floor!

There’s a guy making bags similar to Archie’s grow bags / Black Rainbow Project who advertises on the LFGSS forum.

Link: Belk Bags not sure how current it is, but he’s a real nice guy. Very helpful.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium timbuk2. Been using it for commuting, work and weekend traveling after using a rucksack for years. taken some getting used to but I like it a lot, especially its simplicity.
    only downside is that I tend to have need to carry bulky items which I used to strap to my rucksack with a stretchy web net thing with hooks on. there just aren’t enough loops to hook things to on the timbuk2 so I’m going to have to get some grafted on.
    I’ll see how it holds up to a winter of abuse.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a courier/messenger/laptop bag’ is closed to new replies.