Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a cottage in East Anglia please?
  • mrchrist

Looking to get away for a family weekend so need somewhere that sleeps 10 and preferably by the sea.

Can anybody recommend anything?

CHeers,
    Christian

burgatedicky

Cant recommend anywhere in particular, but try searching on the “Best of Suffolk” website for self catering places. Have used them before and the standard of the accommodation is very good.
    Aldeburgh seems to be full of places to rent so may be a good place to start, Southwold is quite nice too with the bonus of the Adnams brewery around the corner…

mrchrist

loads of good stuff on there, thanks

sandwicheater

Southwold would be ideal, lots of accommodation to fit that size, lots to do near by.

If you do want to go on an Adnams tour, book well in advance of your arrival date. Same goes with the theatre in Southwold.

sands
    Free Member

No personal recommendations in that area – but I’d try:

National Trust Cottages

Guardian Cottages

Or this (if you’ve got a sense of humour) at Wrabness North Essex.

Grayson Perry – Living Architecture

allthegear
    Free Member

There’s a windmill neat Burnham Market that’s for rent. It’s fairly basic, as far as I remember, but we enjoyed it.

(and yes, it IS possible to get into the locked roof area if you try hard enough)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnham_Overy_Staithe_Windmill

Say hi as you pass…

Rachel

johnnystorm

Get something in Southwold/Walberswick/Dunwich or a bit further south and bring your bike and go to Tunstall Forest.

Sandwich

The Pink House in Aldeburgh comes highly recommended by Mrs Sandwich. It’s next door to the Lighthouse Restaurant. Sleeps 10 too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cottage in East Anglia please?’ is closed to new replies.