Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a cool hotel in Edinburgh for a short break.
  • dingabell
    Free Member

It’s for the wife and her friend, and ideally should be in the centre near shops, bars etc. They might even do some sightseeing, you never know?

TrekEX8
    Free Member

In terms of location & value, you can’t beat the Premier Inn on Princes Street.
    Get a room facing the castle if you can.
    However, if she wants something a little more swish, it might not fit the bill.

philbert31
    Free Member

Without a doubt Tigerlily , and if your wallet/purse can stand it book the Georgian suite, it’s absolutely mint, it even has its own night club downstairs with free guest list places if your a resident! Very fancy but again very good!

messiah
    Free Member

My wife and friends use the George Hotel on George Street. Great location and special enough to be worth what you pay.

Scotsman is brilliant if your traveling by train though… go in via the back door under North Bridge. Cocktails in the bar here and at the Balmoral over North Bridge for true decadence.

Hobster
    Free Member

Hotel Missoni just off the Royal Mile.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I would recommend the Rutland at the west end of princes street, very nice and not that expensive, we stated there as students two years ago so can’t be that expensive?

CaptJon
    Free Member

The Apex at Waterloo Place is nice – at the eastern end of Princes Street

steveoath
    Free Member

Le Monde Hotel, Bar & Restaurant

Pick your theme! We stayed in the Atlantis room 🙂

dingabell
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will check them out. I know she’s mentioned the Missoni and the Lemondehotel sounds intriguing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cool hotel in Edinburgh for a short break.’ is closed to new replies.