Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a company bank account for a contractor
  • brooess
    Free Member

I’m moving to a Ltd for contracting so I need a company bank account.
    My personal current account is with First Direct but I can’t find any reference to company bank accounts with them.

Anyone else particularly good for contractors/sole traders?

sproot
    Free Member

I use Cater Allen, my accountant recommended them, owned by Santander now. Easy enough to use, I don’t rate their online security but I’ve had no issues so far.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was with Alliance and Leicester… but they’re Santander too now. Their online banking is actually pretty good. I don’t really have any complaints.

twicewithchips
    Free Member

Brooess, Like you I was with FD, but I phoned to ask and they don’t do company accounts. I opted for Clydesdale cos they were the nearest branch to me. I’m not desperately impressed, everything seems to be about filling in forms, and then taking ages. Free banking for 2 years though.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

+1 Cater Allen

IHN

+2 Cater Allen

nach
    Free Member

I’ve used HSBC for years, following a disastrous first few months with RBS. I’ve had this conversation a lot, and what I’ve picked up is that service varies massively from branch to branch.

HSBC had an account open in an hour and cards etc. to me within two days. RBS continuously screwed up for six weeks, and when I phoned to close the account and told the business manager why, he said “Oh well, these things happen”. Both of those were in Nottingham. Friends in London have had terrible experiences trying to get set up with HSBC, but I found them great.

Their anti-fraud seems to be on a hair trigger, so if you travel abroad for work, warn them in advance.

annebr
    Free Member

+3 Cater Allen

Captain_Sponge

Anyone care to elaborate why they recommend Cater allen?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I was happy enough with Alliance and Leicester (now Santander) but that was because they were cheap for what I wanted. The type and number of transactions may be important to the fees you are charged.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, why Cater Allen ?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

2 years free business banking with Natwest is on offer at the moment. They probably aren’t the best bank in the world but the lack of charges was attractive to me.

IHN

Anyone care to elaborate why they recommend Cater Allen?

It’s free
    Their online bank is good
    When I’ve rung them on occasion they’ve been very helpful, professional and efficient.

RobHilton
    Free Member

It’s free
    Their online bank is good
    When I’ve rung them on occasion they’ve been very helpful, professional and efficient.

Second this.

JulianA
    Free Member

Another vote for Cater Allen.

Free banking, helpful on the phone on the few times I’ve had to call them.

Recommended by Danbro and I’ve no desire or reason to change after a little over two years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a company bank account for a contractor’ is closed to new replies.