Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a compact camera with a viewfinder
  • csb

I need a point and shoot camera. I want one that you hold to your eye to take photos. And that takes AA batteries.

There aren't many with viewfinders about nowadays. The Canon Powershot A1100 is one.

Anyone got one or others to recommend?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Viewfinders are rarely a good representation of the final image though. But powershots have always been my choice.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I went on the same quest, but on the few that did have viewfinders, they were so small as to be almost useless. In the end we decided a good bright rear screen was adequate instead – the camera wasn't for me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

Frankly, I find a nice big bright screen with a grid for composing and leveling the pic far easier to use than a viewfinder. There are plenty of times that I've found it much easier to get the picture I wanted using the screen, mainly because I wear glasses, which I have to take off to use a viewfinder. If I take my DSLR out, I have to remember to wear contacts, to avoid having to take my glasses off and risk dropping them, not advisable with prescription Iridium Oakleys. Gigs are an area where the screen is particularly useful when there's a head in the way. I would totally recommend the Lumix range, particularly the TZ's, which I've taken thousands of photos with over the last four years, a TZ3 in my case, and the LX3, which is much loved due to having manual controls, though the zoom is much less than the TZ's.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a compact camera with a viewfinder’ is closed to new replies.