Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a commuter bike for my wife
  • onandon
    Free Member

I need to buy a geared commuter bike for my wife to use for the next 6 months.
    Ideas so far a cannondale bad boy, gocycle g1, boardman hybrid , Dawes kingpin.

Any suggestions for a lightweight geared bike ?
    I don’t really have an upper limit for price and it must have the ability to take a basket or rack.

brumsgrove
    Free Member

Trek 7.5 or 7.6 FX WSD?

duntstick
    Free Member

Jamis Commuter 2, £275

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/763/1af/c53/95728/large/jamis-commuter-2-step-over-2013-womens-hybrid-bike.jpg

Daughter’s loving hers, she’s since put a black basket on the front, uses it everyday.

CraigW
    Free Member

My mum has a Specialized Vita, it seems pretty decent. I have added a rack and mudguards.

rootes1

Ridgeback Rapid or Avenida…

or a Brompton – fab all round bike

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dahon Vitesse??

midlifecrashes

Halfords Real Classic Deluxe

I have the non Deluxe (no dynamo hub/lights, only 3 speed) men’s version and it’s ace, bowls along nicely and has all you need bar the basket.

rootes1

Brompton with Brompton basket..

Bromptons are one of the most versatile bikes – I use mine 6 out of 7 days..

onandon
    Free Member

thanks Guys.

I’d never really thought of the Bromptons but they actually looks pretty good (for what i need)

The folding could be handy as it needs to go to Switzerland.

rootes1

yer Brompton’s funny bikes but once you get one you will think they are fab – ultra versatile – an all round useful thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a commuter bike for my wife’ is closed to new replies.