Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • recommend me a comfortable mtb saddle please. …
  • beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I currently ride a cannondale sl4 with fat race king tyres at around 28psi . My rockshox reba have been serviced recently and are smoother than that . My problem is (I don’t ride as much as I’d like) my saddle the stock cannondale item feels very uncomfortable after a couple miles . Can you recommend a decent saddle that doesn’t look like it was made for your nan and is 12 inches wide ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

They’re all very personal but I’ve had good results in the past with specialized saddles sized with their arse-ometer and the set bel-air is a popular choice that seems to suit a lot of people.

butcher

Can I be the first to recommend the Charge Spoon?

Not because it’s the bested, comfiest saddle in the world (I’ve had a love / hate relationship with it, depending on the time of my life, the bike it’s been on, ride length, etc), but because it’s relatively cheap to try out, and most people get on with it relatively well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hotfly
    Free Member

I like the Fabric(Charge) Scoop.
    Not expensive… nice colours… reasonably comfy.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Chromag trailmaster here suits me with a boney bum very nicely .

moonboy
    Free Member

Charge spoon. Stock response.

cheekyget
    Free Member

+1 for Charge spoon saddle……one of the most cheapest and comfy saddles I ever had

ThePinkster

SuperStar Peak Saddle. An almost identical copy of the WTB Pure V saddle at a fraction of the cost and one of the most comfortable saddles I’ve ever used.

binners

For all you Charge Spoon fans – and I’m one myself – the Madison Flux is exactly the same shape, but is a lot harder wearing, and lasts a lot longer. They’re even cheaper too. Whats not to like?

cerberus
    Free Member

I agree with Onzadog they’re very personal. It depends on various factors as distance between sitbones, riding style, position, ride distance and etc.
    My arse never befriended a flat saddle. I’ve found older style Selle Italia Flite XC very comfy and now still breaking in Prologo X8 on my Scalpel.

nickc

Great advice from Butcher, they are comfy, and they are reasonably cheap. they do (mine does) creak though, so it might have to go. Is comfy which is why it’s lasted this long

Nipper99
    Free Member

plus one for the Flux.

stumpy01

Very personal thing…Charge Spoon is the worst saddle for me that I’ve ever sat on.

Had good experiences of Specialized BG saddles and WTB Rocket.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Lot of charge spoon love on here …… I’m tempted . Which doesn’t take much for me especially if the salesperson is female . 🙂

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Well I opted for the madison flux . Initially on visuals I was not sure . Almost identical in size and shape to my cannondale saddle . Wasn’t sold by the pressed thumb test either lol , that said did 9 fire road miles tonight and it actually wasn’t too bad . Well worth 16.99 off the ‘bay.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Get to a LBS that will let you try a few. They’re that personal is hard to take anyone else’s recommendation. Went through several before finding selle smp didn’t create chafing or numb nuts. Not cheap but when I added up the amount spent on other saddles…

whitestone
    Free Member

Thought I’d try a Charge Spoon since everyone goes on about them. Used it for a couple of short rides and got as sore an arse as I’ve had in a long time.

Saddles are personal as others have said, the Spoon ain’t for me.

spawnofyorkshire

I used a Flux for a while until i bent the rails. Now have the Fabric and really rate it. Will be my go to saddle for a while and going to get one for the roadie as well

kcal

Would swear by ProLogo saddle. LBS lent me one for Tour de Ben Nevis – bought a new one on return.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Brooks Cambium. Love mine.

egb81
    Free Member

Another Charge Spoon user on mtb and commuter. Hated both of them initially but once they’re broken in they’re great.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Flat or shaped? If you can’t answer that then discount anyone suggesting anything it’s a lottery. Try you mates bikes for a start.

scandal42
    Free Member

I’m thinking I don’t get on with the spoon, seems to hurt after a while.

The comfiest saddle I have is the old On One Retard saddle, anyone got any clues as to what that is a copy of or what is a close match to that?

dannybgoode

Brooks Swift Ti – works a treat on my Genesis Latitude. Don’t listen to the scare stories about them taking 10000000 km to break in – just not true.

Or, as above go for the Cambium.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a comfortable mtb saddle please. …’ is closed to new replies.