• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a comfortable flat bar
  • PJay
    Free Member

I ride a rigid hardtail and I’m looking for a comfortable flat bar to help remove some chatter.

I’ve always wanted a ti. bar but really can’t afford one (although there are some cheap J&L ones on Ebay from China).

Carbon is the obvious answer, although some of these can be pricey. I’d be looking for one around the 680-700mm length (or one that can safely be cut down) but I would want one that is useable with bar ends (Cane Creek Ergo bar ends in particular which are closed off and prevent the use of the usual strengthening inserts).

Any recommendations?

PJay
    Free Member

Anyone?

rocketman
    Free Member

Was going to suggest Thomson’s flat bar but the instructions specifically forbid bar ends

onandon
    Free Member

If you use KCNC bar end supports you can use bar ends on any bars.

PJay
    Free Member

I do like the look of the Thomson but yep, no bar ends allowed. I’ll have a look at the KCNC supports, but (as above) the issue I have is that the Cane Creek Ergo bar ends are closed (and mate with the outboard part of my Lockon grips); any supports would need to have a flange that was narrower than the bars to allow the bar ends to fit.

onandon
    Free Member

Ok, the KCNC won’t work then.

PJay
    Free Member

I don’t know if these Ergon supports would work. I’m assuming that the sticky out plastic bits in the image snap off, in which case they fit within the bar and the Ergos would still fit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a comfortable flat bar’ is closed to new replies.