Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me a chronograph watch
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So I’ve been give £500 to buy a steel/titanium bracelet chronograph watch.

What do people own/recommend?

Bregante

Those Tissot Traditions are nice!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk A-T WR200 JY0010-50E Titanium

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

I’ve got one of these, if your budget will stretch:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390971146921?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Would need a stainless bracelet if you want one.
    Mine’s not for sale, btw, had mine from new.

CHB

This being STW….heres one thats REALLY nice, but clearly above your budget.

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/sale/temp/nearlynew-watches/nnc1000-kkkn.html

Please buy it to stop me being tempted!!!!

euans2
    Free Member

Have a look at Nite watches.

The do both the Vision and Chrono which fall into your budget

https://www.nitewatches.com/store/gb/

I have 2 of their watches, the quality is fantastic

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have a look at the Elliot Brown watches

Personally I would dump the chronograph aspect and just get a Seiko Sumo in what ever colour face you prefer. If you still want to measure time then get a G Shock or HRM GPS watch of your choice with the money saved

roper
    Free Member

CHB I have been looking at that watch. Not to buy as I have a new watch, but there’s no harm in looking.

I think you should buy it though.

Kryton57

If you are looking for a decent watch, and not a bling watch you can’t get better than the standard stw recommended seiko military at approx £150 IMO.

mcgoomtb

It’s a case of sticking with main line names.

Seiko make very good reliable and accurate watches as do Tissot but when you get to names you wouldn’t associate with a traditional jewellers you are getting someones idea of what the case and strap should look like encased an electronic movement that probably cost less than a quid.

So, if you want accuracy go mainline if you want something that’s fashionable accept that it won’t be accurate but will be disposable.

DrJ

someones idea of what the case and strap should look like encased an electronic movement that probably cost less than a quid.

Probably that would be more accurate than my unpteen-zillion-quid Rolex (inherited, before you start). I ain’t swapping, tho … 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kryton is correct.

*Looks at wrist. Oooh, is that the time? More coffee, I think *

beamers

Really like the look of that Seiko – I’ve not seen that before.

(Obviously not paying enough attention to the watch threads!)

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’d recommend creation watches reliable & cheap I’ve bought several from them.

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-chronograph-watches-63/

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I do love those Nite watches and if the chrono came with a silver bracelet I’d snap it up.

I’ve always been happy with my eco-drives and fancied these two –

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Recommend a Poljot with the 3133 movement, within budget and a bargain, plenty of style choice.

ojom
    Free Member

I have that there recommended seiko too amongst some others. It’s great. Got my eye on a SUN 021 in the nearish to mid future too. Although not a chronograph so not in your view.

Xylene
    Free Member

Orient – was recommened them by a watchy mate a few years ago as one of the best value fully automatic watches

http://www.orient-watch.com/products/category/item/?category_id=58

That is quartz but still very nice.

I picked up an automatic one on sale last year for 150GBP.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Seiko Solar Chronograph. No battery changes to worry about and it even has an alarm. I have one and it’s a cracking watch.

CountZero

That Seiko Kryton posted up really is a beauty, as clear and readable a face as you could want. Far too many watches are over-complex, and time is literally wasted trying to make out what’s actually going on.
    Which is why I like my SPORK, and the Yema, which is pretty clear to read. That Citizen ‘Red Arrows’ is the other extreme for me, far too much going on, really difficult to read at a glance.

hamishthecat

Nice chrono here

But it is handwind.

Wally

2nd Hamish – that Steinhart is simplicity itself – if you MUST have a chrono.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’d struggle to see past that £65 quid Seiko Chronograph on Creation Watches. Pal has one and it’s looks an expensive watch on.

Maybe a nice Strela?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a chronograph watch’ is closed to new replies.