• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by blob.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Christmas cycling holiday please
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

The wife and I are hoping to get away over Christmas and New Year for 10 or 14 days of better weather, and hopefully a chance to ride our bikes. We live in London so can fly anywhere, but we’re thinking Med only at the moment for cost and ease factors.

Does anyone have recommendations for a good place to look at? The Islands, or the Algarve?

Ideally we will take our bikes, but it would be great to be able to hire at the destination too – i.e. we might take road bikes, and hire mountain bikes or vice versa. The only problem is that Mrs WebWonk has only just started riding road, so I don’t want to totally frighten her by going straight to epic hills or busy roads…

Please recommend away 🙂

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

A wee bump for the lunchtime crew…

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

We,re open at Xmas and always have a few over to get away from the bad weather and in-laws!
    Based right on the beach with plenty of Winter sun to enjoy.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    Just 480 Euros for a packed week!
    http://www.sierramtb.com fantastic biking since 1992

Trimix
    Free Member

South of France – Frejus area is good. Loads of both types of cycling and good food etc.

Cheap house rental in the winter as the French don’t holiday their over Christmas.

freddyblack
    Free Member

Hear Tenerife has good trails.

blob
    Free Member

Gran Canaria is also an option

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Christmas cycling holiday please’ is closed to new replies.