Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a cheap rigid fork for my Ti456
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

I’ve got a rigid fork on the ss and have decided to make the switch to fully rigid on both bikes.

Is anyone else running a rigid fork on their 456?

What length fork should I be looking at?

And finally – any spectacular bargains out there?

Thanks!

jonba
    Free Member

I run a 29er fork with a 26″ wheel and find it to be a nice geometric replacement for the revelations I have on most of the time.

AS for cheap ones there are some on Ebay or check out carboncycles.cc

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Thanks Jonba.
    I’ve got revs on mine too, so that’s really helpful.

Those new on-one carbon forks look nice, but I’m not sure that they’re £150 nice?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

tbh, on a frame like a Ti456 I’d be looking for a posh rigid fork.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve got an eXotic carbon fork on my Ti Global and it compliments the frame perfectly, rides well and dead smooth.

tony_m
    Free Member

I’m running a Kona P2 29er fork with a 26″ wheel on my 1st gen steel 456 which originally came with 130mm Revs. The P2 works really well, think it’s either 460mm or 465mm A-C.

br
    Free Member

Methods of screwing up a great bike, number 35:

Recommend me a cheap rigid fork for my Ti456

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ve tried alsorts of rigids from on-one to niner carbon.

IMHO Salsa cromoto’s are the best for performance and value, also come with maxle.

takisawa2

Singulars Swift 29er fork would be a nice match for it. I never got on with 440mm forks, always felt too low at the front after 120mm forks. The 470mm 29er forks lift the front that tiny bit more. Singular do them for about £70 IIRC. Exotics carbon forks are very nice, better than the On-One carbons.
    Whatever you do dont invest in the On-One – Harland & Wolf superlight specials. Superlight they arent. Super-wrist jarringly stiff they are.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Hmm. The Singular Cycles website is coming up as a “Reported Attack Page” for me.

Anyone else having the same problem?

wwaswas

I think they had some website problems a week back – could be that they’re still flagged as dodgy?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheap rigid fork for my Ti456’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts