Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a cheap, bulletproof and light, dumb phone.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Wanting to get a cheap phone just for emergency use when out, as don’t fancy getting my generic smartphone all sweaty and bashed up.

So far, front runner is a Nokia 106 for £20 from Amazon.

Any other suggestions?

bearnecessities

Nokia C1-02. Standard work phone issue here.

Great litte thing. Small, cheap, long battery, good quality and tough.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a nokia 2760 as backup/spare

but at £50 its no cheaper than yours. I just prefer a small clam shell though.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Samsung GT 3550?

Chunky, cheap, seems robust to me. The camera is ok for FB pics, but the PC software is clunky. It’s easier to pop the chip out and plug that into the PC IME.

I have a soft bag that’s lasted about six phones.

(edit) looks like it’s ancient history now. As you were.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

21 year old Daughters got a Nokia 3210, believe me it is one very tough phone, nearly 15 years old.

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Samsung Makalu here.
    Dumb & light but a tad bulky.
    Very tough and water resistant (IP67) and after 3 years I still get 3-4 days of battery life.

mattsccm
    Free Member

That’s expensive.
    I would want 10 quids worth of credit as well.
    Search around and you will find them for 99p if you buy 10 quids credit.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Samsung b2100? Old hat now but waterproof & Dust Resistant to IP57
    Submersible up to 1 meter for 30 min

Compliant with MIL-STD-810F
    Rated to withstand blowing rain, dust, shock, salt fog, humidity, water, immersion, solar radiation, vibration, and extreme temperature. (not my words)

They were deployed to our field staff for a couple of years, not one in 40 failed.

fullauto
    Free Member

I’ve got a Nokia 100. Very good for the price. It’s coped with scottish winters, alpine summers and saharan sand. I’ve always been impressed with low end nokias, they’re definitely a lot better than they have any right to be!

houndlegs
    Free Member

Another vote for a Nokia 100 here. Picked one up for a fiver in asda not so long back, very light, battery lasts forever, and I even managed to put mine through the washing machine and it still works, screens a bit wonky though.

Jamie
    Free Member

All sorted now. A kind forum member is helping a brother out, but will keep the Nokia 100 in mind. In case I blow the incoming one up somehow.

gobuchul
    Free Member

+1 Samsung B2100.

great little phones

stevenieve
    Free Member

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRwEtIOumE[/video]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cheap, bulletproof and light, dumb phone.’ is closed to new replies.