• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nols.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a Chamois Cream
  • mdb
    Free Member

Never used one before but doing Brighton Big Dog solo on Saturday and thought it might help ease the pain in the later stages of the race.

FuzzyWuzzy

Assos is the safe option in terms of I've never heard any complaints about it (and it's the only one I've ever used), there are cheaper options though (sudocream etc.) but if it were with no chance to experiment before a big ride I'd go with Assos.

marty
    Free Member
    IHN

I used Assos, it was good but expensive, I now use Sudocrem, which is good and cheap.

Awaits TJ's 'proper fitting shorts and good saddle should mean that chamois cream is not required, cream blocks pores etc…"

matthewlhome
    Free Member

DZ Nuts – nice and works well.saw me through dusk til dawn solo nicely last year. I am surprised at how much difference it can make to comfort.

Sudocreme etc is really thick and goopy – not so nice. Bepanthen? looks more promising though.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Sudocream is rubbish IMO, just soaks in and disappears.

Assos got me through 24-12 with massive ease, I think I reapplied twice. I had some saddle sore for two days afterwards but I was never in any real discomfort in the race.

druidh
    Free Member

Cheaper here.

cp

I've used Assos, chamois butt'r and one by elite. Elite was crap. Like really really crap. Chamois butt'r wasn't bad, but felt a bit wet for most of the riding. Assos is still king for me. Expensive, but you don't need to use much, and you don't get the damp chamois feeling after the initial few minutes. During which time you're distracted anyway by the lovely tingle.

Mounty_73

I used this for the first time at SITS and it does work!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Udderly_Smooth_Chamois_Cream/5360036098/

argyle
    Free Member

chamois butt'r convert here – assos is expensive for what it is. sudocrem is awful if you're allergic to zinc oxide, not a good thing

martinwilly
    Free Member

Sudocrem.

There's nothing in the Assos stuff. Sudocrem is medicated.

Saw me through the Transalp no problems at all.

Same story for all my club mates.

Sudocrem.

trusz
    Free Member

Assos. It just works.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Used Sudocrem and udderly smooth – prefer the cow lube.

KonaTC

+1 for Sudocrem, if it's ok for babies bottoms and nappies… …need I say anymore 😯

it is lunch time after all 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I found Udderly Smooth as effective as Assos but cheaper and without the tingle 🙂

trickydisco
    Free Member

+1 for Assos. Cycled london to barcelona using it and it sorted me out. The tingling is a plus I found

nols
    Free Member

Deep heat

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Chamois Cream’ is closed to new replies.