Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a chainring for 1×9, thank you
  • specializedneeds

Weight and bling factor are not important to me, but I do want something specific for the job. What about a stainless steel, single speed ring from on-one, ok for 1×9 ie a “bad” chain line most of the time?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why “Bad” chainline?

I used an E-13 guide ring very tough and strong. 36t mounted on the middle ring mounts. Good chainline all the time.

rOcKeTdOg

Wonky by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Or

Velo solo by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Or

Renthal + N-Stop by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

reggiegasket
    Free Member

the On One SS ones are good, if heavy (110g). They’ll last for ever though.

For alu then the usual suspects – Renthal, Hope, E13…

velocipede
    Free Member

Renthal or Hope – both look cool and weigh little….Hope maybe slightly better value too…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Renthal

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Middleburn hardcoat.

andyl
    Free Member

For hardest wearing On One or Surly. The Surly is completely reversible so you can flip it round to make it last longer.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

kanza
    Free Member

Renthal all the way imho. No one has more experience in chain rings than them.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just on the back of me reading this thread i went looking for 44T rings and they are a bit thin on the ground to say the least and bloody expensive!
    I just came across BETD’s site (I have used their stuff before) and have ordered a DH Goldtec ring (alu) for £18 delivered!!!
    They also have others but not with the number of teeth I want for my 1×9 commuter.

atlaz
    Free Member

I have an unramped FSA one I got from Charlie the Bikemonger. Very happy with it.

takisawa2

Plain old steel Doere take some beating. Literally.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a chainring for 1×9, thank you’ is closed to new replies.