Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a chainguide… No ISCG mounts!!
  • smatkins1
    Free Member

I need recommendations for a chainguide.

No ISCG mounts on my frame, but I see BB mounted adapters are available.

I’ve entered a few races and my NW & clutch 1×10 setup occasionally drops the chain on the rough stuff. So I need a bit more chain security.

Open to suggestions as to if I need a full guide or just the top bit.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bionicon c-guide on mine. Fits onto the swingarm and just puts a bit of tension on the chain. Works well and nice and quiet

hatter

BB mounted upper guide like this one should do the trick. Plenty of different ones out there though.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Almost every ISCG05 mount comes with a free BB mount converter, if not, just get one..

ISCG05conv

iscg0ld conv

In fact having no tabs and either of these gives you more choice than anyone else in the market for a guide.

ahwiles
    Free Member

imho; those BB-mounted guides are shite – iscg was invented for a reason.

(one small bump and everything comes loose)

i’ve had reasonable success using a DMR seat-tube clamp, a spare bolt, and a bit of bodging to make a BB-only guide work reliably.

linky – CRC – £3

(by securing the guide at the top, not just around the BB, it’ll stay in place even if everything does come loose)

smatkins1
    Free Member

I have a mount for a direct mount front mech on my seat tube if that’s an alternative option for a top mount guide.

stevied
    Free Member

I have a mount for a direct mount front mech on my seat tube if that’s an alternative option for a top mount guide.

Probably just need one of these then:
    http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/xcr-direct-mount-chainguide.htm

smatkins1
    Free Member

Lots of suggestions for top guides then, is a full guide not necessary?

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve done DH with my set-up and not dropped the chain, ever. Have you got the chain length as short as possible? Top guide only should be fine..

sandwicheater

Really rate the MRP 1X, i have however never tried any others 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a chainguide… No ISCG mounts!!’ is closed to new replies.