Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a chain guide for 1×9 setup
  • bigjim

Bike is an old Yeti DJ so think it has the ISCG old tabs. Riding duties will include rolling over doubles, chicken routes around drops, getting several cm of air off kerbs, and commuting to work. Cheap is good.

chiefgrooveguru

N-gear jump stop if you have a bash for the other side.

raisinhat
    Free Member

E thirteen XCX for just an upper guide

Scamper
    Free Member

Jump stop and BBG Bash from the US of A – cheap, light, and quiet.

kjb9
    Free Member

I run the same setup and got a top guide from Superstar, excellent bit of kit and cheap as chips

mbarnes
    Free Member

Got to be an e.13 on a yeti Dj!

garage-dweller

Not an M Part one. Mine was a **** to set up and its not that effective.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Garage – couldn’t agree more, mine was toss!! Now running jump stop & bash

bedmaker

Superstar working well for me on 1×10

bigjim

Cheers, loving the BBG/jump stop made in a garden shed type action!

faz083
    Free Member

superstar!!!!

Though personally I use the e.13 which is decent, but bloody expensive

colournoise

Have run Superstar Plasma on ISCG and ISCG05. Once set up have worked flawlessly for me (if a bit noisy on the lower guide – but then my Azonic freehub is pretty much silent – still a bit weird to be quiet when rolling and noisy when pedalling).

Tops for function vs. cost IMHO.

slainte 8) rob

mboy
    Free Member

2nd hand E13 LG1, MRP Lopes or MRP Mini G2… New they’re damned expensive, but chain devices never fetch anything like new value 2nd hand. And the good ones keep on working, as there’s not much to go wrong. And IMO, never has the mantra “buy cheap, buy twice” applied more readily, as every time I’ve tried a cheap chain device (and I’ve tried a few), I’ve had no end of problems, but go to an E13 or an MRP, and it just works…

There’s also the likes of Straitline and Blackspire who do decent guides now too, possibly one or two more.

Rickos
    Free Member

I had an n-gear jump stop and couldn’t get on with it. To be effective I had to run it quite close to the chain which meant it rubbed on the chain when in easier gears. Now use a Raidium chainguide which is just a skinny bashguard that fits into your granny ring tabs. The chain then runs on the ring between a normal bash on the outside and the Raidium on the inside. Works well on my Chameleon. About 20 quid.

http://www.raidiumchainguide.co.uk/

rOcKeTdOg

N-stop with a light bash, no probs after 18 months use

BBG bash by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a chain guide for 1×9 setup’ is closed to new replies.