Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a chainring bolt tool for Middleburn XTR rings
  • specializedneeds

My X-Tools one is too wide to fit in the counterbore. Anyone had more luck or do I take the X-Tools one to the grinding wheel on Monday 😈

deus

grinding wheel,

or get some allen key chainring bolts.

br
    Free Member

I've a Park one and Middleburn rings on XTR, it works.

Or just use a flat screwdriver.

JoeNation
    Free Member

I have one that's got a nice T handle so you can actually get some leverage on the little buggers. Just found that Ice Toolz make a screwdriver-type on that looks good too.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Fffing hell your gonna by a tool to do that, just use a screwdriver! Typicall XTR owner… 😀

specializedneeds

Yeah, and if there's a rock handy I'll use that to install the chainset too. Screwdriver on one side of a tiny alu slot? No thanks: false economy when it slips/chamfers the edge away. Especially as (hopefully) I'll have the tool for the rest of my cycling days.

bonesetter
    Free Member

That tool is one of the best pieces of kit I have bought.

Scewdrivers just will not do it, especially if the bolts have been together for a while.

You run the risk of losing the slot profile in the rear of the bolt and then having to drill them out

The tool just works so well

specializedneeds

The screwdriver type X-Tools one looks good – anyone know if it fits middleburn XTR rings?

bonesetter
    Free Member

The added bonus of the special tool is it has a 2 pin other end for undoing the crank end cap…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a chainring bolt tool for Middleburn XTR rings’ is closed to new replies.