Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a casserole pot
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

So I’m after a cast iron casserole pot, having looked briefly the choice seems to be down to Dexam Chasseur or good old Le Creuset. Dexam Chasseur is about £2o cheaper for a 26cm round casserole. And apart from that I can’t really see any difference between the two.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I like my le creuset, and having grown up with them as well I’ve never used another, so no idea what the difference is.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well mrsflash I was brought up on a council estate so certainly didn’t grow up with le creuset cookware 😉

elliptic
    Free Member

I’ve got a Chasseur one and it does a fine job – can’t see a reason to pay more.

But either way you’ll get years of middle-class casserole-ed goodness from it 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

I bought my wife one for christmas from Marks and spencer. It weighs about 300kg and she loves it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i love our Le Creuset stuff. the pans are just awesome to cook with. the casserole dishes and other oven dishes clean up easier than anything metal.

jova54
    Free Member

We’ve got a Le Crueset casserole that we’ve had for about 25 years and it’s still going fine. Gets used at least once maybe twice a week. Can be used on a gas or electric ring or in the oven. No chips or cracks in the enamalling and only minor scratches to the inside.

They’re not cheap to buy but quality costs.

mrsflash
    Free Member

😯 you mean they don’t have le creuset on council estates? But how do they make casserole then?

Gary_M
    Free Member

They use something called Pyrex mrsflash, you may not have heard of it. I’m so glad I’m not common any more.

Oh and it’s called stew.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Lol. Stew. that really does conjure up a different image.

finbar
    Free Member

We’ve got a Dexham fondue set that’s worn even better than all our Le Creuset stuff, but that might just be because it’s been used about twice in 20 years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a casserole pot’ is closed to new replies.