Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a carryable lock..
  • toys19
    Free Member

Looking for a lock, thats lightish,easy to carry or mount on bike and just for keeping my bike whilst in the chippy n the like, ie short times…

slackalice
    Free Member

Tigr lock

Pricey, but good.

toys19
    Free Member

Umm, I like that, but 200 bucks flippin ginger!!!

slackalice
    Free Member

Yup! Said it was pricey! There are some suppliers here in the UK, sell for about £120 IIRC.

I got one for Mrs Slack’s ‘new’ bike following the theft of her P7. It ticks the same boxes as yours.

benp1

How short a time and how safe are the places

I’ve got a cheap abus armoured cable lock one from amazon, but my main one is an abus xplus granit 54, very good and secure, much more expensive and its also heavier

tobymc

Abus 401 mini U is what i use in London.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

advice from bike theives: http://www.tested.com/tech/458286-best-bike-lock-today/

(basically, a decent u lock, position it as tight as possible)

GavinB

I’ve got the one they recommend (in jeffs link above), the Kryptonite one. Only got it, as it was cheap somewhere, and all the bits on an older model had been smashed during an attempted (and unsuccessful) attempt at stealing my bike by some scrote at the local station.

The lock still works, just can’t attach it to a frame anymore. Plus it’s still in better nick that the frame they ended up trying to break as a final attempt to get it off the Sheffield stand, but I guess that just makes it less attractive to the next scrote… 😐

sillyoldman

Hiplok do a range of wearable locks – from £20 to £70.
    http://www.hiplok.com

jamiep
    Free Member

Something from the lfgss thread.

From that list, I’ve the OnGuard Bulldog Mini

brakes
    Free Member

I got the Abus U-mini red on the basis of that lgfss thread.
    it’s small so you have to think about where you lock your bike and you’ll only get the frame locked – it won’t go round the wheels aswell, but a thief won’t get a jack into it to lever it open. I use it daily and the lock is still running sweet.

joshvegas
    Free Member

just spit on the saddle, that’ll stop them in their tracks

snax

If got a HipLock, quite impressed….

brakes
    Free Member

just spit on the saddle, that’ll stop them in their tracks

that’s not a bad idea. why not put some fake bird poo on the saddle and grips?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a carryable lock..’ is closed to new replies.