Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me… a carbon seatpost.
  • ratherbeintobago

Layback, 27.2x400mm, two bolt clamp preferred. Any suggestions?

bikeneil
    Free Member
    everyone
    Free Member

You know what, I really hate it when people do that. It makes you come across as a flatout screaming twunt.

Back on topic, something like the Ritchey posts are pretty nice. Not cheap in carbon mind.

wiiija
    Free Member

^agreed.
    Syntace P6 was always my favourite, but again, a bit pricey!

ratherbeintobago

You know what, I really hate it when people do that. It makes you come across as a flatout screaming twunt.

This, especially when I asked for recommendations, which in STW means ‘tell me what you’ve got on your own bike’.

I’ll have a look at those Ritcheys; Easton EC70/EC90 look nice too, but unhelpfully I think they’re only 350mm and I think I need longer. The revised RF posts look nice, but they’re thumbscrew and bolt which was a total PITA on a Cannonade post I had on the old bike.

njee20
    Free Member

Have to agree with everyone, and everyone since everyone who’s agreed. Particularly when the OP said ‘recommend’, which suggests more than a straight ‘find me a…’

However… What’s the budget? Usage? New Ultimate are nice, very light, not cheap. Ritchey good, Bontrager are good (1 bolt clamp).

ratherbeintobago

Budget is not limitless, but I can stretch a reasonably long way. I’d rather have quality than price.

I’d love to pretend the usage would be gliding rapidly XC, but actually it’s clumsy bridleway mincing on a heavy steel HT; strength more important than weight but I’d like something a bit more compliant and lighter than an alloy post.

That Syntace is gorgeous, but maybe a little bit too pricey.

aP
    Free Member

The niner RDO seat posts are nice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Careful now….I got a ban for using that very word.

Apart from that, hard to fault an Easton EC90, IMHO. Not 100% sure it comes in a 400mm, however.

spacehopper

slight hijack..

but i’m considering a carbon post too(for a bit of extra comfort..)

for my inbred 456 in the same size as the OP

how do carbon posts stand up to repeated putting up and down?

alloy posts seem to show a fair bit of wear to the black anodizing after a year or so of use for me..

the bikes normally the one i grab when its filthy out and don’t want to add to the servicing bill with dropper and rear shock on my Meta..

ratherbeintobago

Not 100% sure it comes in a 400mm, however.

I think the straight post comes in 300 or 400, but the layback only comes in 350.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Worth having a look at this velonews article talking about seatpost qualities. Quite interesting stuff.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Really happy with my Truvativ carbon post – much nicer than the alloy Thomson it replaced.

j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve got an FSA SLK carbon post on my commuter which seems to do the job and looks v.nice while doing it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me… a carbon seatpost.’ is closed to new replies.