Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a Carbon Rigid Fork please
  • miner29er
    Free Member

My 14-yr old RS Sid Hydra Airs have started to piss oil. About time for a change methinks. Looking to replace with Carbon Rigids on my GT Avalanche 0.0 (year 2000). I’ll mostly be riding steep bridleways and red stuff at trail centres. Looking to spend about £100. What’s best in this price bracket please.

danti

Exotic

GaVgAs
    Free Member

exotic here too

bruneep

Exotic here as well.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Bought some exotics for the wifes bike and they do look nice and are pretty light as well.

dknwhy

I’ve got a 26er carbon on one fork you can have off me if you want?

Northwind

Exotic are really good- not the lightest, certainly not the stiffest but they’re sturdy and they work. The same factory makes/has made Pro, Nukeproof and White Bros rigids which cynics (me) say are the same forks with much more expensive logos on them 😉 On One worth checking out too.

ackie
    Free Member

Exoti. Got some on my 2004 Stumpy. V stiff

miner29er
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for suggestions. It looks as if the Exotics win by a mile. I must say they look good.
    I’ll do some measuring tomorrow and see if dknwhy’s on-ones will fit. Can you in-box me dknwhy with some details and a picture if poss.

miner29er
    Free Member

Hey dknwhy
    You can contact me on michaelely[REMOVE]@hotmail.co.uk or on 07981312593 if you still want to shift those carbon forks.

teasel
    Free Member

Exoti.

Is that the Lefty-type version…?

dknwhy

@miner29er – yes I still want to sell them. At work now but when I get home this evening i’ll email you some pics, price etc and if you’re happy, i’ll post tomorrow.

johnnystorm

I’ve got some alloy ones on my Inbred and they ride ok, not harsh, etc. If saving a few quid matters.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Exotic aswell. Got some ud ones for my gf’s bike. Impressed with the look and feel.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Carbon Rigid Fork please’ is closed to new replies.