Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a car stereo
  • Crag
    Free Member

The old car CD player has died so I'm looking for a new one that I can hardwire the ipod to.

Doesn't need to be too fancy, budget <£100.

Any ideas?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I've got an Sony one hanging around. CD, removable fascia and a onePod headphone jack if that's any good. Fitted it to a car, car then died after three weeks. Pretty much unused. New car has a sh1tkickingly good stereo!

Not sure how much it would be, but if you're interested…! As said, pretty much new, still with the box (and fittings for a Volvo 9 series! May even have a CD still in it as a mystery bonus) Am in central London most of the time.

Pieface

I think I have the above stereo, but the next one up with USB port. Got for £100 about a year ago

Crag
    Free Member

Could be interested Cap'n. What model is it and how much would you be looking for?

cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One of these – http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ica-cd-tuners/cdx-gt111

No idea how much it should/would be, to be honest!

mboy
    Free Member

Up your budget slightly, look at the Alpine IDA-X series of head units.

Can't stress how good they are. They start at about £120 if you shop around, up to several hundred. What they do though is fully and properly integrate with your iPod to be able to control it properly, with a jog wheel, a la the iPod itself. And they've got a proper display rather than a one line LCD thing so actually displays a lot more of the track info at the same time. I've got the 2008 IDA-X100 (was the top model at the time) in my car, it's ace!

Oh, doesn't have a CD player built in, but once you've got all your music on your iPod anyway, that doesn't matter…

Crag
    Free Member

What do you reckon to £35 posted Cap'n?

Mugboo

Bought one that looks similar if not the same as the Sony above, discounted in Halfords £60 a month ago. Ipod plugs in the front with a £6 device from Amazon, jack plug goes in CD player and another plug goes in Ciggy lighter.

Seems good enough to me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a car stereo’ is closed to new replies.