Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a campsite near Alton/ Aldershot
  • Steelsreal

I need to find a family friendly (kids wlecome!) dog friendly camper van accepting campsite around the alton/ aldershot region, for reasons I am not entirely sure of but the wife says it will be fun….

Anyone know of any, all i can find is wellington country park at around £40 a night!

nedrapier

There’s one we stayed at in Lower Abbotstone Wood, near Arelsford, bit further west than Alton. Really nice, wooded pitches. Not sure about all the gubbins you mentioned but worth a look if it’s near enough where you need.

http://forgewoodcamping.co.uk/Abbotstone_Wood.html

natrix
    Free Member

Basingstoke canal centre campsite??

Next door to Tunnel Hill so you might be able to get a sneaky ride in

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/basingstoke-canal/campsite.htm

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

You can rent cabins in the woods in Tilford, about 10mins drive from Aldersnot. They may also have tent pitches.

ninfan
    Free Member

NSC Bisley – loads of camping pitches at a reasonable price, though the facilities are very 1950’s, though that carries a quaint retro charm really.

cinnamon_girl

Abbotstone would be nice, site of deserted village. Plenty of cross-country riding as well as quiet road riding. The Grange is definitely worth a visit, be prepared to be blown away. The church at Northington is pretty impressive (not seen inside though) as is the memorial.

Also close to New Alresford, a gorgeous Georgian town and home of the Watercress Line.

Steelsreal

abbotstone looking favourite at the mo, on the ox drove which could facilitate a cheeky ride…

thnaks for all the suggestions…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Abbotstone would be nice, site of deserted village. Plenty of cross-country riding as well as quiet road riding. The Grange is definitely worth a visit, be prepared to be blown away. The church at Northington is pretty impressive (not seen inside though) as is the memorial.

Also close to New Alresford, a gorgeous Georgian town and home of the Watercress Line.

POSTED 32 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    Some good pubs down that way too!

cinnamon_girl

Some good pubs down that way too!

I’ve only had coffee at the Woolpack in Totford, obviously sat outside though and, importantly, before customers arrived. 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a campsite near Alton/ Aldershot’ is closed to new replies.