Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me a campsite in the Lakes close to a pub !
  • shredder
    Free Member

Looking for somewhere over the weekend in the Lakes. Within walking distance of a pub.

Like Sykeside at the bottom of Kirkstone pass but booked up.

Thanks
    Rich

rickmeister

There is a good site near Hawkshead, across the road to the village and down the road to Grizedale and not too far from Walna Scar… or Langdale, across from the New Dungeon Ghyll …..

colnagokid

Always stay at Bays Brown Farm in Langdale, just up the road from Wainrights, walking/riding distance of The Britania, Dungeon Ghyll etc.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

http://www.gillsidecaravanandcampingsite.co.uk/

This one is my fave and is about 5 minutes walk from nearest pub…great food and beer.

Sandwich

If you’re not booked in now you’re unlikely to get into NT Langdale site.
    Hollows Farm in Grange, Borrowdale. 1 mile to the pub.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Didn’t think the NT at Langdale took bookings? They didn’t used to – was a first come first served kind of arrangement!

Brotherswater is a good option – they have a (good) pub more or less on site. Limefit Park at Troutbeck is walking distance to The Mortal Man and The Queens Head (which is ace)… erm… there is a good one in Cartmel if you start struggling too – with some ace pubs in the village (the campsite is actually in the village, so it aint far – the riding is suprisingly good too!)

No chance of getting into the Old Hall in Consiton I wouldn’t think – but worth a try just incase. Wasdale *may* be worth a try too cos it is sooo bloody far away from the M6 that a lot of people never make it there 😉 Try the NT site and the Wasdale Head (though that had bugger all facilities last time I used it… which is probably 10 years ago!)

Can’t think of any more off the top of my head… there was one down in Borrowdale that I forget the name of, and was usually quiet due to no facilities there either (well – basic washing facilities in a shed, but that was about it – ace site though!)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Ooooh – just thought of another, which was always good. Fisherground in Eskdale! Again, bit of a long way from the motorway which keeps the crowds down a bit!

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks everyone but struggling full stop, as we wanted to go up on the Saturday. They are all saying no chance unless we arrive on the Friday.

Cheers
    Rich

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Theres a good un in Glenridding but last time we went they mauled us because of it being a BH – minimum stay and increased prices. The pub nearby is worth it though.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

there is a pretty good one at Low Lorton, very good pub 10 mi walk, they have bogs and showers, I have been a couple of times at easter. I think you can just turn up, but probably best try and call.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

minute, not mile 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tried Park Coppice at Coniston?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Scottgate in braithwaite is very nice, Don’t take bookings though.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Try Church Stile in Nether Wasdale, it was a great little campsite with 2 pubs just outside, when we last used it some years ago. Hmmmm Jennings Ale.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Park Coppice is Caravan Club, so probably not going to be an option! Don’t think I have seen any tents there… Pretty sure that Old Hall (the one below Park Coppice) will be full, but not popped in to see em lately (will be in there over the Bank Holiday no doubt with a call out!)

Did you try Cartmel? Be suprised if they are full – also look at other places on the periphary of the National Park rather than in it. It gets quiter once you get to the western half of the county (far side of Coniston / Bassenthwaite) – and there is some ace riding that side (from memory – been a complete lazy git since moving down here!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a campsite in the Lakes close to a pub !’ is closed to new replies.