Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me a Campsite in the Dark Peak
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Probably near Edale or Ladybower I reckon. Going with a few friends for a bit of biking, bouldering, walking, whatever, followed by barbecue and beer. A lot of places seem to stipulate silence after 22:30, and whilst we’re not the loudest bunch we may want to stay up chatting a wee bit later than that!

flyingmonkeycorps

Anybody? No?

Also looking at Dalby, anyone know anything about the campsites there?

cp

Peaks – North Lees campsite run by the National Trust is very nice. small so can get busy with climbers as it’s near stanage.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=53.34578628645435~-1.6407746591462025&lvl=15&dir=0&sty=s&sp=Point.swqq5vgvwdt6_north%20lees____

There are several at the Jacobs Ladder end of Edale – not camped at any of them though.

docrobster
    Free Member

waterside farm campsite ideally placed for doing the jacobs ladder- hayfield loop.it’s on barber booth road out of edale. Planning on staying there myself in the summer, not been before though. fair way to the nearest pub though if that’s important
    There’s 2 in edale itself, a big caravan club one plus cooper’s farm which is more basic. Cooper’s is next to the nag’s head. Stayed there before years ago. Perfectly fine for a couple of nights

flyingmonkeycorps

Basic is fine, we’ll only be there for a couple of nights. Just want somewhere chilled out really… Not too worried about pubs, I imagine the drinkers amongst us will be taking their own beverages anyway.

Waterside Farm sounds good – I know the area pretty well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Campsite in the Dark Peak’ is closed to new replies.