Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Recommend me a cable lock for…
  • yoshimi

securing my bike to my tow bar mounted rack. It does have locking clamps but still fancy an additional cable to secure directly to the tow bar.

Need to be around 2m long

Northwind

Kryptonite Kryptoflex comes in various lenths and is a good price. Protection wise, being realistic all cable locks are rubbish so I didn’t see much point in buying a heavier duty one- they all defeat opportunists and fail instantly in the face of the right tool.

TiRed

For simple snatch and go prevention in or on the car, I’m a big fan of the Kryptonite Modulus. The two independent cables give a huge range of securing options including looping through a mounting point inside the car and the second through the frame. I wouldn’t trust it for proper locking duties, but it serves a purpose above the simple Thule locks on bike racks.

yoshimi

Sorted, gone with a Kryptoflex and Series 2 U lock thing combined for £22 off Amazon – I’ve accepted that cable locks aren’t very secure but just a bit of additional deterrent to a casual thief when I’m having a post ride pint

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a cable lock for…’ is closed to new replies.