Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me a bum bag
  • jonba
    Free Member

That can hold a water bottle.

Not actually for biking but horse riding. Needs to hold a bottle that can be accessed easily one handed and also have space for windproof, camera, cereal bar and a bit of money. Everything I can find seems to be really minimal in that you get a bottle phone and keys or absolutely massive so might as well be a rucksack.

scotroutes

Ortlieb Hip-pack 2. I use the 5L for cycling but you might find the 3L OK for you.

Drac

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve got an Inov8 bumbag, its pretty good. It can take a bottle, plus a jacket, hat, gloves, phone etc. I think mine is an older model, not sure what the current version is like.

JoeG
    Free Member

Bumbag – isn’t that the same thing as a fanny pack? 😆

cheekyget
    Free Member

dawson

I have a Camelbak flashflo. It has a mini bladder, and space for some stuff. Wouldn’t get a jacket in it though

zzjabzz
    Free Member

I have one of these, which I would recommend:

http://4wildlife.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=maddog7pocketbumbag

You might struggle to get the bottle back in place one-handed though.

superfli
    Free Member

Does the Camelbak flashflo stay in place ok? I’ve seen reviews of runners having issues with it falling down, but this might not be the case on a bike – although standing it might slip?
    I’m after something like this for Enduro’s to rid me of my backpack. I’d use a bottle on the frame and no resevoir for most, but for longer events I might need the resevoir.

wombat

Ive got an Osprey Talon 5 (I think).

Has 2 bottles, stays in place, plenty of room for waterproof/camera/food etc, easy ehough to get the bottles out with one hand whilst moving.

And the added bonus that the small waist pockets on the strap is the ideal size for 4 small pork pies (that’s an 8 pie capacity as there are 2 waist pockets)

Would certainly recommend.

jonba
    Free Member

I like osprey stuff so will look at the Talon ones. I’ve also found that Dakine make one called hot laps which has the advantage of being “enduro”.

wombat

Just been and checked and it’s the Talon 6 that I have

Talon 6

More importantly I’ve also determined that the pork pie capacity of the waist pockets is probably closer to 6 each side giving a 50% increase over the figure I prevously suggested 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bum bag’ is closed to new replies.