Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a broadband provider
  • Flaperon

Just moved into a new flat which is fitted with a BT phone line but obviously has no provider attached to it. We want to get broadband ASAP.

* Needs to include a free wireless-N router (or no contract)
    * Unlimited downloads
    * Less than £25/month

Is it worth just calling BT up and asking for a phone line and broadband together (seem to get a free Home Hub thingamajig).

Any advice appreciated (always been a Virgin Media user but the new flat isn't cabled).

Cheers,

Dave

theflatboy
    Free Member

be are absolutely awesome, all things considered. very good value, and they'll be straight with you about what speed you'll get and hence what package to go for. so be.

porterclough
    Free Member

Plusnet is owned by BT but a bit cheaper. I've found them to be fine, but I don't know if there's much to choose between them really.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

be is aka O2 broadband. If you got an O2 contract it's £10 pm unlimited. Your best bet though is to check out http://www.speedtest.net and figure out who is best in your area.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

If you go for BT they have option 3 where you have unlimited downloads and comes with free downloads and upto 20mb downloads. But depending on your area the speed may be quite slow. Like mine i barely get half a megabyte, i only get about 100 kbs, which is sllllooooowwwww.

bruneep

be tell me "Sorry, but your phone line is unable to support our broadband. Please contact your telephone provider if you require further details."

😕

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a broadband provider’ is closed to new replies.