Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Bridge Camera for my daughter
  • My 16yo is doing A Level Art and requires a camera. She’s definitely not ready for a DSLR, so thinking bridge.

It’s not an area I’ve researched – I’ve got a Sony RX100 IV and a Sony A55 DSLR

stumpy01

Why not ready for an SLR? You can do the same things with a bridge that you can with an SLR but the SLR will do it better.
    Stick the SLR in P mode and it will do all things for you but allow you to make adjustments too.

You could get a 2nd hand Nikon D80 or preferably D90 with 18-105 or 18-135 kit lens for not a lot of money….

stumpy01
    Cougar

If she’s studying art and “definitely not ready” for a dSLR, use her iPhone. If you buy a CSC, I’d wager it’ll be a waste of money; either it’s overkill if she only ever needs to take snaps, or you’ll be replacing it in 12 months because she needs more out of it.

What does she want? What does the college recommend?

I’ve got a Sony RX100 IV and a Sony A55 DSLR

You can’t use both at once, lend her whichever you’re not using.

Read ‘she’s not ready’ as ‘I wouldn’t trust her’ for/with a DSLR.

School haven’t given recommendations, she just says she needs something that will take decent pics. The first I heard about her needing a camera was yesterday when she messaged me asking for a camera (I’m working away), so I pointed her in the direction of my Olympus TG4 and she got some good results – even managed some good DoF.

Going to have a play over the weekend, with phones (she has an iPhone 6s), compacts and DSLR’s and assess where she is and what her requirements are.

No problems buying her something decent in 12 months if she takes to it and can look after the camera – just wanted a cheap option to test the water. No way she’s taking my cameras/lenses to school….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fuji Fine pix, 24X optical zoom that’s had little use. I was going to Gumtree it for £30.
    Email in profile if your’e interested.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Bridge Camera for my daughter’ is closed to new replies.