Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a bottom bracket for a Zesty 514…
  • rewski
    Free Member

Raceface, shimano xt, Fsa? Merci.

Bucko

My FSA replacement has already lasted twice as long as the original Shimano one did on my 2011 314.

watsontony
    Free Member

thought about king bb? or hope? what cranks are you using? when installed right hopes and kings will both last forever

cheers_drive

Enduro bearings BB or get 3 or 4 Shimano ones from Rose bikes for the same price.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

My Shimano bb last me 3 months and fsa lasted 6 months , second fsa starting to make bad noises now , not great but fsa are £30 and I steam clean the sh*t off it after most rides so that doesn’t help I recon , looked into getting an enduro ceramic bb but at £150 and unsure if that much better .

sjw77
    Free Member

I bought one of these from Real World Cycling in the US at the beginning of the year. It is still working perfectly after the wet summer. I’d trashed 3 or 4 shimano ones on my 2010 514 so am really pleased – well worth the cash and couple of weeks wait.

I bought the internal to external headset adaptor at the same time. This has reduced the head angle and made the bike more stable downhill – this suits me but it has reduced the bike’s climbing ability.

Anyway – I’d recommend the BB from Enduro Fork Seals.

Steve

jambalaya
    Free Member

3 and 6 months, blimey that makes for an expensive hobby 🙁

br
    Free Member

Hope

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

As far as I know king or hope don’t do press fit in a lapierre zesty size ??? If they do ill order tonight ?

Spin
    Free Member

They don’t. But it does spring eternal.

rewski
    Free Member

Thanks all, unbelievably i’m still on the original 2010 shimano, surrey hills wet greensand finally took it’s toll his weekend, heard good things on the race face non press fit.

Real world site looks interesting, thanks Steve.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bottom bracket for a Zesty 514…’ is closed to new replies.