Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me a boiler
  • Earl
    Free Member

I need a new combi boiler for a mid terrece 3bed, one bathroom. Well insulated private home.

I assume 28-30 kw is ample.

Worcester Greenstar Junior 28i &820
    Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic Combi £923
    Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 831 Combi £1030

Or something else please?
    (I’ve been told to stay away from Ideal)

patriotpro
    Free Member

A WB 24i would be fine also.

Earl
    Free Member

24kw is enough – really? because it is £100 cheaper!

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Are those prices including flue?

fanatic278
    Free Member

No direct experience of any of those, but I went on a training course (friction stir welding) where a guy from WB also attended. The effort and precision he described in the manufacturing process really impressed me. The fact that he was on the course with intention to friction stir weld the heat exchangers was proof enough to me, hence if I ever need a boiler it’ll be from them.

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

That would be the new WB Lxi, I think. Redesigned it so they’ve made a 36kw out boiler the same size as a 30kw boiler.(In their range anyways). Only thing about the WB junior is that the hot water is at a set temperature with no adjusment dial.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Earl – Member

24kw is enough – really? because it is £100 cheaper!

Capacity-wise, yes although flux makes a good point re’ the ommission of a hot-water temp dial on the boiler itself.

The temp can still be adjusted by way of increasing/decreasing the mains water pressure so still a viable option.

alfabus
    Free Member

?

Earl
    Free Member

Ex flue (I think)

The temp can still be adjusted by way of increasing/decreasing the mains water pressure so still a viable option.

I notice on my current boiler I up the temp dial at the beginning of winter and drop it at the end so – yes it is a viable option.

Though after some more googling, some suggest using a tank in the loft instead. Hmm….

Thanks all.

markrh
    Free Member

How about a Biasi or a Wicks boiler?

😈

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Ideal are good boilers currently, logic+ 24 or 30 would be fine, get 7 yrs warranty if bought, fitted and registered before end of December. I sell around 20 a month.
    Can get glowworm a little cheaper but only get 5 year warranty.

totalshell

24i jnr ll do the job easy though it only caqrries two year warranty up the ante to a 30si and you ll get 5 yrs and adjustable hot water temp.. plus you can swao the chip out (FOC) lowering the ch nox and thus the gas used..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a boiler’ is closed to new replies.