Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • recommend me a BMX
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

after playing around on the local bmx track on my hard tail, i’m now considering getting a 24″ BMX.

i’m 6’3 and old enough to know better, but even on the hard tail its good fun. just hoping i can pick something up for a couple of hundred quid to make more use of the track.

what should i be looking at, brands etc. is there much 2nd hand? i know i will want a racey BMX rather than a street one?

takisawa2

Had a go on a We the people this evening. Nearly a grand apparently. Tried cheap ones & always thought them heavy & awful but this one was in a different league. Yet you’d think it a right old heap to look at. Many years ago I convinced myself I needed a GT Performer. Must have rode it 5 times. 🙂
    So don’t go spending too much, let alone a grand. 🙂

higgi
    Free Member

got a Felt Sector 24 frame fork seatpost saddle bars and stem , if you want em . no wheels tho !

pjh2763(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Where are you based?

Ive got a fly pantera BMX for sale. Its got big bars and a long top tube – it was ideal for me at 6’2″

TiRed

We The People with the best cromoly frame you can find. They do a 24″ trials BMX. Despite BMX looking like they are made of gas pipe, money does buy lightness and extra niceness.

alcolepone
    Free Member

i’m based in derby, davidtaylforth, that help?

cheers for the advice guys.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well Im in South Cumbria so a fair way away. I cant be bothered boxing it up and posting it really, thats all!

_tom_
    Free Member

If you must have a 24″ then something like the Sunday Model C, Specialized P24 or that Liquid 24″ seem to be the best of the lot. imo 20″ is much better though. So good for jumping with.

alcolepone
    Free Member

I thought 24″ would be better for me as i’m tall.

happy to go 20 if that be better, think i need to have a go on one again 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

There are plenty of tall bmxers, you just need something with a longer tt and taller bars. I just think 20″ feels better on transitions than bigger wheels.

HansRey

i’ve never ridden one of these, but look at GT if you want something completely different. If you buy the interceptor and don’t like it, i’ll take it!

clicky

tracknicko
    Free Member

hella difference between 24 and 20 inch. have a ride of both before buying!

sam69
    Free Member

That gt looks awesome

chiefgrooveguru

I have nothing useful to add except my new BMX has a little 20.25″ top tube, I’m an ape-armed 5’10.5″ and it doesn’t seem too small at all! The difference between 20″ and 24″ in rotational inertia and angle of attack is significantly bigger than the difference between 26″ and 29″ so I’d want to at least try a 20″.

JoeG
    Free Member

I was lusting after that chrome GT Performer early this year; I almost bought one! I would have no use for it at all. Also, it was really heavy (32 lbs IIRC) so probably good that I never clicked “buy” or it would be sitting around gathering dust. They do look fantastic, though!

Edit – Oh crap! Found one of those chrome Performers online for sale for only $35o with free shipping! Must resist!

sam69
    Free Member

I’m looking for a nice cruiser to get me back into the Bmx days

slowrider
    Free Member

I just bought this after mucking about at Corby with Jedi, absolute bargain! Changed the tyres and stem and put some metal pedals on. Lovely lil bike.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Go retro – get a Kos Cruiser by Mongoose!

lord
    Free Member

haro pro 2012 , saint cranks xtr brake v12 ?

sam69
    Free Member

Ok guys I will take a look thanks

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a BMX’ is closed to new replies.