Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me a birthday party venue in Manchester
  • Does anybody have any good recommendations for birthday party venues in Manchester?

My girlfriend and I both turn 30 in Sept & Oct, and are planning to throw a bit of a doo, and our house is a tad on the small size for the anticipated 100 – 130 guests….

We're looking for something a bit more quirky than smelly function rooms above pubs, perhaps party boats, unusual venues etc??? (preferably either city centre, or south manchester)

We'd looked at hiring a room at Dukes in castlefield, but on top of the room hire & dj costs, they want a guaranteed £3,500 bar income – that we would have to top up if our guests didnt spend that much!!

Any ideas, recommendations, or places to definately avoid?

j_me
    Free Member

….

Harry_the_Spider
    project
    Free Member

Canal st, lots of men for you there. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Tomorrow I'm off to the Velodrome to celebrate a mates 40th – does that help?

Bunnyhop

I had mine at Burnage Rugby club, which is now in Heaton Mersey. We could dress it up how we wanted and they let me take our own buffet.

The night was a huge success as everyone came in 1970's gear, platform soles and flares.

P.S. Where's my invitation? 😉

Bunnyhop – Check the dates – our birthdays were back in Sept/Oct last year! This thread has popped up again after good old Plumber started a couple of rogue threads on my laptop earlier whilst I foolishly left it logged on in the same room as him 😆

How about an invite to our 31st's!

BTW – we ended up having a big BBQ at home as the costs and faff of organising a venue was proving too much!

Bunnyhop

Yay! naughty plumb. Me should pay more attention, however it is late.

You don't look a day over 29 🙂 Spend your 31st at Farmer Johns.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

Try somewhere like Lounge, Prohibition, somewhere in the northan quarter other wise i don't know. Never had one in town that wasnt on the expensive side anyway. Most bars will have the same deal unless you can find one with a large roped off area.

mrchrispy

yes I know its a dead thread but The Hough End Centre is a bargin and if you're lucky you might get to see the police horses 🙂

speshstumpyworks
    Free Member

Try the ship canal!

Crump
    Free Member

Next time look here:
    http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/venues/uk/view/23074/Hellidon_Lakes_Hotel_Golf_and_Country_Club
    imo best venue searcher.

U can also try search here:

Home

SonicBoomBoy
    Free Member

Longlegs on Faulkner street, sorted. 😆

sophiej
    Free Member

Hmm,
    why don’t you google it?
    Found for you here some venues in manchester for parties

Teetosugars
    Free Member

sophiej – Member
    Hmm,
    why don’t you google it?

Its a bit late now tho, isn’t it?? 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

Canal st, lots of men for you there.

You may well laugh to hide your fear… A mate had his 30th at a venue in Canal Street and a grand evening was had by all.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a birthday party venue in Manchester’ is closed to new replies.