Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me a Biking holiday first week of June – please
  • hitman
    Free Member

Have a week off and looking to go somewhere abroad but think the lifts in the Alps aren't open then. Can anyone suggest somehwhere similar ?
    cheers 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

if lifts aren't a necessity, then i can wholeheartedly recommend bikevillage.

just brilliant 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

cheers, but don't think they're open til 5 June? My holidays are 31 May – 5 June, so not the first full week of June

giantjason
    Free Member

have you looked at bike verbier – http://www.bikeverbier.com/index_bv.php

i am off with them in their first week of the season – 29 May till 5 June

jemima
    Free Member

Scotland! and you can catch the World Cup DH and 4X whilst you're up!

forgotmename
    Free Member

Rivierabikes looks good.

Trekster

Verbier, mate is going 2nd week then Trailaddiction in Sept. I have no money so not going 😥

mrsflash
    Free Member

rivierabike are excellent.

lammy
    Free Member

Second Scotland

JamesD
    Free Member

http://www.aquickrelease.com – quality Pyrenees singletrack 🙂

ash

First week of June?
    Bike Village (although they seem to open on the 5th??), Bike Verbier or Riviera Bike.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Third vote for Scotland… 😀

Riviera for Italy, they're magic!

Trekster

should 4th for Scotland since I am a native 😆

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

yep, BV open on 5th.

Diane
    Free Member

5th for Scotland 🙂

jockhaggis
    Free Member

It'll be snowing in Scotland that week. Head for the sun. 😮

andylaightscat
    Free Member

BV sometimes open early if there's enough demand,drop Sam,Lyndsey a mail
    HM when you going out?

PaulMc
    Free Member

6th for Scotland.

We will be family camping in Aviemore again this year that week or the week after. That Lairig Ghru descent again. Can't wait.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

andylaightscat – all being well i'll be out from the 26th june to (approx) 26th july

figured i may as well blow the last of my student loan on a month in the alps… you coming out again?

8)

freeride_addict
    Free Member

From personal experience of all of them, then I'd also recommend bike village, rivierabike or bike verbier for that time of year. If you want a higher chance of good weather (and less snow) then you might also consider southern spain, e.g. near Granada. That's where Im headed in May, and the trails there are also absolutely superb. Try ridesierranevada or some of the many other operators down there(search for mountain biking near granada or sierra nevada).

I'd also check with them what kind of bike you have / riding you are after and match that with what style of guiding they are offering that week eg more xc biased, or are you after uplifts and primarliy downhill oriented trails…..can make a big difference to how much fun you'll have!

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Scotland for the world cup, there will be 20,000 other mountain bikers there though

stealthcat

Second A Quick Release – great riding, and even better food. You need to ride up some hills to burn the food off…
    It's also a bit quieter there at that time of year, so you can sometimes do trails then that are too rammed with walkers later in the season to be rideable.

timraven

+1 for Bikevillage went a couple of years ago early June, no lifts but had a great time, lots of singletrack, food, booze, good company.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

HM,
    should be out about then,was out 13-20 march working on the house with Sam,couple of rides,snow down at 1100m so sangot,martret,st germain,vulmix
    out june for a week on road bike then 3-4weeks later on,a good year 😀

what happened to the rohloff? the "bolt on" seattube cablestop been ok?

upanddownhill
    Free Member

We are based in the Austrian alps (in the Skiwelt) and the lifts open from 13th May, with the majority open from the 22nd.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Biking holiday first week of June – please’ is closed to new replies.