Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • recommend me a bike for a 4 year old
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

Think this is best way to go for mini me but what to get. He is going to be progressing from a specialized balance bike

geoffj

Ridgeback MX16

dropseoi
    Free Member

All 3 of ours started off on a Specialized Hotrock. Really great bikes, l know coaster brakes divide opinion but ours found it easy to use and control, much more than hand operated brakes. Anyway, Hotrock gets a vote from me.

aracer
    Free Member

Er, Islabike Cnoc?

bonchance
    Free Member

Weelll.. Parents love Islabikes.

MX16 can often be had for just north of a ton..

natrix
    Free Member

Another vote for Islabike Cnoc 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Something cheap and second hand, they grow out of them pretty damn quick at 4.

binners

What Dezzy Baby said. he’ll have moved on from that onto 20″ in no time. Second hand Ridgeback or Hot Rock FTW. I’ve actually got a 16 Hot Rock still kicking about, but its very… erm… PINK!!!

Squirreled
    Free Member

I’d also vote for the Cnoc, great bikes, perfect for little people , and I’d be saying that even if I didn’t have two for sale 😉

Bikes for sale

nemesis
    Free Member

Nemesis Jnr had a good time on his 16″ Carerra Blast though a quick look online doesn’t seem to show it at Halfords any more.

MoreCashThanDash

Ours got loads of use out of a second hand MX16. Paid £75. Sold on 2 kids and 5 years later for £55. Both kids enjoyed it and have progressed to bigger bikes quite happily. Neither has died or suffered any long term psychosis by not having an Islabike.

*sits back and awaits the knock on the door from social services for middle class child neglect*

Harry_the_Spider

Another vote for a Ridgeback MX16. As others have said get it second hand as they’ll grow out of it quickly. I think I paid about £45 for my lad’s on ebay.

Isla Bikes are nice bits of kit but there is a whiff of marketing BS. The “Special brakes for small hands” (or whatever the blurb was) are just adult two finger levers and the tyres were the same ones that we got as standard on a pram.

Like I said, they are sorted little bikes that don’t weigh very much, but I won’t be blowing mega bucks on another one.

Maybe I’m not the target buyer.

footflaps

Weelll.. Parents love Islabikes.

yep, some even ride them for 24 hours:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/cjrx2A]Isla Bikes at Mountain Mayhem[/url] by brf, on Flickr

MoreCashThanDash

Lol! I can recommend him a good osteopath when finishes….

Or is that just another niche wheelsize?

jaylittle
    Free Member

The Dawes Blowfish is worth a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a bike for a 4 year old’ is closed to new replies.