Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a bike carrier for the vehicle!!
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

So it looks like I was soon be the owner of TWO 29ers, so I’m feeling the need for a new car rack that will accommodate them. Been on Halfords and looking at the Thule ones and also on the Thule website, want something sturdy, I’ve always liked the tow hitch ones, and one with a locking mechanism would be nice too so we can leave them on the rack on the car over night etc.

Thanks for any help!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I like our Thule ride on 3 carrier, not that our actually ride onto it…

Towbar mounts rack for three bikes.

Might be worth getting a carrier for 3 bikes even though ou only carry 2. The spare gap in the middle ( for 3rd bike) will do wonders for you bikes paint jobs.

Tesco direct had them cheap when I bought mine. Worth a google search anyway.

dazza4eva
    Free Member

I have a three bike thule tow bar mounted rack, can take three dh bike with a bit of care

br
    Free Member

I’ve always liked the tow hitch ones, and one with a locking mechanism would be nice too so we can leave them on the rack on the car over night etc.

Only time we’ve every left bikes on is when there has been something very study to lock them too – like a large tree/lamp-post etc.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Thule tow bar mounted one are amazing. Expensive but bomb proof and secure too

zippykona

I got a Thule 972 which is dirt cheap and simplicity itself to use.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Bump… cheers for the replies so far!

Atera Strada DL from the Roofbox Company; expensive, but light, great tilt function and fits on swan and towballs, and has locks. Um, leaving them on the rack overnight? I hope you have either good insurance or shite bikes. My Turner was cut from the roof bars of my car on a busy road at about 6.30pm. I really wouldn’t risk it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a bike carrier for the vehicle!!’ is closed to new replies.