Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a battery powered DAB/Bluetooth radio for my bathroom..
  • DrP

..er, please?!

Looking for a DAB radio, but with the ability to play via a phone (music/spotify etc)

I’m hovering over the ‘buy now’ button of a JBL flip bluetooth speaker thing (we have one already in another room, and it’s great), but that would only connect to the phone/spotify.
    Sometimes it’s nice to listen to the same 4 songs over and over again on Heat radio, or so I’m told…!

Any good suggestions?

Oh, as it’s for the bathroom and my pesky sparkie refused to stick a few double sockets in the walls, it’ll have to be juiced up from batteries…

ta

DrP

verses

Any reason to have DAB rather than a generic bluetooth speaker and just stream whatever radio station you like via a phone app (TuneIn Radio, etc)?

DrP

In a way I quite like the simplicity of just turning the thing on, and having a bit of music playing…
    I know what you’re saying (and actually just bought the JBL Flip as it’s such a good price – Currently £40 on Amazon) – the DAB/Bluetooth/Battery combo seems hard to come by for under £100 it seems.

I’ll enjoy the JBL flip, and can stick it in the son’s room if i come across a better alternative..

DrP

franksinatra

totally unnecessary. It is a scientifically proven fact from the Institute of Science stuff that when you sing in the shower you sound like an absolute legend and therefore a radio would always be a poor substitute.

disco_stu
    Free Member

This from Morgan Computers, been meaning to buy one for a while but not got round to it so I’ve no idea if its anygood, reviews seem ok though. Bluetooth only but its less than a tenner.

DrP

disco_stu….
    If you can stretch another £30, the JBL flip really is a cracking bit of kit – great sound, truly portable with built in rechargeable battery..
    Yeah, it’ll stop working if i take it INTO the shower, but place it ona shelf etc and it’s a very good sound!

DrP

FuzzyWuzzy

As others have said I just do it via my phone + Bluetooth speaker (a UE Boom)
    On my iPhone (after initial pairing has been done) all I do in the morning is switch speaker on in bathroom wait a couple of seconds for iPhone to pair, swipe up phone screen from bottom and press play and it connects automatically to the radio station I was last streaming (don’t need to unlock the phone or go into an app).

pondo

We’ve got a couple of Roberts Unologics around the house, if you put rechargeable AAs in it’ll recharge off the mains, runs for a good week or two of bathroom tuneage, perfectly adequate sound. Only criteria it doesn’t meet is Bluetooth, but you can play things through the aux cable.

This

Goodman’s Go Stream @ Maplins

£70, Bluetooth, DAB, shower proof. I use one for my site radio. You won’t get the oomph of a dedicated speaker, but it’s loud enough for site and how much power do you need in a bathroom? It has an internal rechargeable battery and I can get two full days use on site from a charge.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a battery powered DAB/Bluetooth radio for my bathroom..’ is closed to new replies.